Author Topic: Koca Calıs/cıftlık Roads  (Read 7270 times)

Offline quackers

Koca Calıs/cıftlık Roads
« on: November 18, 2014, 17:37:31 PM »
I went to Fethiye Belediye today to complain about the state of the roads on Sokak's 115 & 117, Alı Keçebaş and Osman Kazı all located near Angel Cafe. The senior engineer is comıng out to look at them and the proposal they offered is that they put sand/gravel on 115 & 117 sokak and road roller it in as they have a muddy surface. Alı Keçebaş and Osman Kazı have a dıfferent surface so we shall see what they offer for them. It looks lıke we eıther have new roads proposed for a future project or they have run out of money for new roads for thıs year. We shall see what is forthcoming. I was also informed that next year the roads will come under Mugla not Fethiye.

Offline quackers

Re: Koca Calıs/cıftlık Roads
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 17:28:06 PM »
They came out the next day and put hoggıng down. If ıts stıll there after the raın we have had today I shall be very suprısed but you never know.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 15:43:08 PM »
What's 'hogging'. Sorry I don't think it's in my Yorkshire dictionary  :)

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 19:33:29 PM »
No its a southern term as builders would say down south we have just blinded the over site with hogging  much like ballast but larger stones or smallish rocks.We used to put it down before concreting a base for an over site before building on it.I suppose they have laid it down on the roads to secure a better grip for traffic but with the amount of rain that I saw yesterday on the videos I would imagine that its down nothing to improve the roads.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 20:16:23 PM »
Hoggin?

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 14:15:59 PM »
Haven't got much faith that they will get the roads back any time soon to the poor state they were in BEFORE the canal work, made them even worse.  If that is possible!  It is quite an extensive area, around here on the canal down to the Pelin Hotel, around the 'main' canal in areas still looks like world war one battle scene, and do not get me started on the state of the roads behind the seafront around the Calis Creek.  If anything chances of getting this reinstatement work completed if it too is managed from Mugla fills me with even greater dread. >:( >:( >:(

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 12:00:39 PM »
Quackers has just informed me that they are restarting the road (and pavements) that were left half way - past the forest leading down from the Angel Bar/Cafe down to the Surf Cafe and other beach clubs. Yippee! Finally! Anyone going down near there, please post photos. Just can't wait!

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 19:59:40 PM »
Road works were in full swing today from surf cafe to the round about towards nazaar hotel areas lots of lorries,bull dozers and steam rollers up and down lots still happening,noticed new resturant bars being done up along the beach from the mozzie bar along towards the surf cafe.Anyone who new selma and figo from melody bar in fethiye well they now have a new place just outside thelmosses sitsie all looking good for thev future.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 01:20:13 AM »
Sounds promising!

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2015, 14:24:11 PM »
Am I the only one who liked the roads with the odd bump in as it slowed the cars and trucks down and in doing so created less dust

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf