Author Topic: ArtyMar's blog: buying the dream  (Read 120812 times)

Offline Bluwise

Re: ArtyMar's blog: buying the dream
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 15:16:47 PM »
Loving this!

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 16:43:30 PM »
Cant wait till the next instalment!

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 17:21:39 PM »
Thanks, Echogirl1 and Bluwise. It's fun remembering the processes and stages we went through and for that matter, are still going through! Agonies and ecstasies - an understatement. 

Offline Menthol

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 18:55:40 PM »
Do we have to wait until Thursday? !

Great blog.  :D

Offline sadler

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 19:14:16 PM »
An excellent read. Keep it up Artymar.   :)

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2015, 00:08:27 AM »
Thanks, guys. OK, Menthol - I can be persuaded with a little flattery, especially from you, Blogger exceptionale!
Blog 4 coming up - soon.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2015, 16:24:41 PM »
OCTOBER 2009 OLU DENIZ

BLOG 4:  toe in the water

Maybe because he wasn’t feeling too well, maybe because he was bored, maybe because of my enthusiasm – whatever the reason, OH actually accompanied me back to the estate agents. As it turned out, they were not really estate agents, they were in fact a building company, called Infinity Express, specializing in building villas and villa complexes, selling, managing and letting them. OH, to my surprise, did not make a quick exit.

Later that day, over a meal by the sea, we spread out the leaflets, our scribbled notes with some prices noted. Skies are a bit cloudy now, and at the moment, this feels more exciting than swimming in the sea. I’m imagining owning our own villa with a sparkling pool in this beautiful area. Our kids and their families could come and stay too, and when we aren’t here, it would be straightforward to let it out. The tingly feeling is growing stronger. The sales guy in the office wants to show us a finished villa and to introduce us to one of the directors of the company. It’s starting to rain lightly, so it would not be too much fun out on the beach or by the pool anyway. What do we have to lose?  No harm in looking into it a bit further . . .

Offline gillian handbury

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015, 08:26:52 AM »
ArtyMar....you can not leave it there! I tried to go to page three....loving it.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2015, 11:07:11 AM »
OCTOBER 2009 OLU DENIZ

BLOG 5: meeting the big guys

Here we are sitting in Infinity’s head office in Fethiye. The two storey building is impressive, spacious, simply but elegantly furnished and in a fabulous location overlooking the beautiful Fethiye harbour. 

We realize we are being given the hard sell in a soft sell manner by S, a charming young woman and one of the family owners of the company, but the facts seem to speak for themselves. The company has built many individual villas and large complexes throughout the area over many years and we have been shown some of them. Prices seem extraordinarily cheap to us, bearing in mind that the villas include marble floors throughout, fully fitted kitchens and all the basic furniture. Other than the sincerity and believability of this charming woman telling us about their various buildings and developments, and what a great team they have (we are introduced to some of them), what really appeals to us is the fact that dealing with this one company, which we are becoming convinced is solid, long-standing and reliable, they could easily manage and let out the villa when we are not there.

There is an arm of the company, the ‘Express’ part – that used to be a separate letting and management company called ‘Express Holiday Rentals’- which Infinity bought in for this purpose. We are introduced to the lead guy of this department, B, who speaks good English and is a jolly sort of chap, someone I feel I could get along with and his assistant, L, an attractive English girl who now lives permanently in Turkey. Some years ago, we used to own an apartment in Spain and a time-share in Portugal, both of which gave headaches in regard to maintenance and letting.

As we listen and drink our tea, I glance at OH. I can’t believe it! He is paying full attention and I can see the idea is growing on him. We make a time tomorrow for a further meeting to be followed by an area sight seeing trip and a visit to the proposed site where Infinity is planning to build a small complex of five villas with individual plots and pools.  We had been planning to sight see anyway to visit Fethiye harbour and the old city, so this would kill two birds with the one stone. And as OH is suffering a bit of back pain, being ferried around to local tourist attractions is appealing. When we go, we take away floor plans of the proposed group of villas and another glossy brochure showing computer generated images. OH is quiet and thoughtful as he reads through the brochure. To say I am excited is an understatement.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2015, 12:38:27 PM »
I'm excited with you........  :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf