Author Topic: Waiting for Tapus  (Read 19083 times)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Re: Waiting for Tapus
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2015, 14:30:12 PM »
Loz & I also looked at an proposed " off plan " site in 2003, we even considered paying the deposit ( to a British agent ) at the time, but decided not to go ahead. About 2 years after we had actually purchased our property in Akarca, we drove past the proposed " off plan " site .............NOTHING there, the builder hadn't even broken ground !! There is a development there now, but obviously, there had not been sufficient interest in the site in 2003 for the builder / agents to commence building works. I am still of the opinion that, if we had gone ahead with the deposit & staged payments, we could have lost a lot of money . My advice ? Steer clear of " off plan " developments ,( or NON DEVELOPMENTS ) at least in Turkey !! Just sayin' , innit ??

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2015, 00:08:49 AM »
Nice to be in contact again, Cef. When I hear more about buying off plan and now know more about Deska, we can thank our lucky stars that despite all, we actually have a villa, even though we still don't have our full Tapu and are paying  a lot to get it! I'm hoping we'll have it before we stay there in June and we'll have a big celebration at the villa to which any CBFer in Calis or nearby at the time will be welcome.

Offline Phil

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2015, 11:13:27 AM »

My observations (for what they are worth) are that the problems arise when the builder does a “build for land” deal with the landowner.

In other words, the builder undertakes to build the land owner a property ( or more ) on his land for nothing. In return he is allowed to build more properties on the land which he then sells.

This kind of deal is destined to go wrong. The builder’s profit is only realised when all the properties are sold.

The land owner won’t release the land to any one until he has got what he wants.

The people that have bought the properties won’t hand over their last payments until they have got their Tapu.

Eventually a stale mate is reached because there is no money flowing into the project to pay the fees to pay for the Habitation Licenses, Property Tax and Tapu fees.

Unless the builder has got a lump of cash the whole things grinds to a halt. If he had a lump of cash he would have bought the land in the first place.

Off Plan is fine – if the builder owns the land. There are many, very successful developments which have been sold off plan which have very satisfied customers.

So the moral is the same. Use a good Estate Agent who will check if the builder does actually own the land he is building on.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2015, 11:35:27 AM »
There are many, very successful developments which have been sold off plan which have very satisfied customers.

The number of successful and, relatively, trouble free purchases in the Fethiye area way outnumber those where folks have had issues compared to certain other areas in Turkey.  There have been a few horror stories but in general these are few and far between.  Might be something to do with Fethiye having (at the start of the property boom) a  fairly conservative belediye and Fethiye itselfs reputation for being slightly more "upmarket" than some established tourist areas, which kept property prices higher and cut out the massive off plan developments (100+ units).

I'm struggling to think of many issues where there have been multiples of owners left in the sh1t, there was one but for the life of me I cant remember the name...  A1 or something like that.  It was about ten, maybe twelve years ago - Loz & Keith know the one I'm talking about.

So the moral is the same. Use a good Estate Agent who will check if the builder does actually own the land he is building on.

Never a truer word.  No need for solicitors in Turkey when buying a property, a good estate agent will make sure you get what you pay for (but thats a whole new subject!).

JF

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2015, 12:31:19 PM »
Nice to be in contact again, Cef. When I hear more about buying off plan and now know more about Deska, we can thank our lucky stars that despite all, we actually have a villa, even though we still don't have our full Tapu and are paying  a lot to get it! I'm hoping we'll have it before we stay there in June and we'll have a big celebration at the villa to which any CBFer in Calis or nearby at the time will be welcome.

Really good to hear that your situation is nearing a happy conclusion ArtyMar  :), fingers crossed that you'll be having a Fab celebration party in June.  Should be plenty of CBFer's in town to help you celebrate, you might want to make that invitation into a 'bring a bottle or 2', some of them can really shift some liquid!  ;)

Best wishes x

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2015, 16:18:01 PM »
Thanks for the pm Corinna, have you received my reply? 

Hi Corinna, any news on the information you were going to send me?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2015, 18:40:05 PM »
Thanks for the pm Corinna, have you received my reply? 

Hi Corinna, any news on the information you were going to send me?

Stop bugging her. 

If she's going to respond she'll do it...  if she's not she wont.  Clogging up the thread with posts like this wont make her respond any quicker.

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf