Author Topic: Bella Mamas 10 out of 10  (Read 17567 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Bella Mamas 10 out of 10
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2015, 18:13:56 PM »
Not to take the topic away from Bella Mammas - but Mrs Scunner had the same problem at Mozaik Bahce - a portion of most things was way too much for her. Now she orders from the kid's menu and enjoys it thoroughly  :)

Offline sadler

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2015, 18:48:33 PM »
Stunner, I have always wanted to order a child's portion but have never done it in case it appears that I don't want adult food, or to pay for an adult portion, both of which is totally not the case.

Offline sadler

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2015, 18:50:14 PM »
Sorry, my iPad corrected your name to "stunner". You know what I meant, but if I were you I would prefer the corrective text!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2015, 18:59:55 PM »
I appreciate the compliment.  :)

It isn't an issue at MB as it was Nichola's suggestion and it is still a 'normal' looking meal - it's not like she's sitting there with chicken dippers and chips.  ;)

Offline sadler

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2015, 19:05:12 PM »
Glad to hear that as it is always embarrassing to send half a meal back, looking as if it was awful rather than "sorry, I am full"

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2015, 21:11:51 PM »
Looks like there are several of us  who have the same problem with large meals.  Good for Nicola to let us order from the kids menu, feel like that in some places but never dared ask.  If I had a smaller main course then I could probably manage "afters" which would benefit the restaurant as well.  Everyone needs a little something sweet after a meal.  I enjoy the smaller breakfast at the Brothers restaurant but cant face the mountains of food at other places.  I have always had a problem with huge plates of food, puts me off straight away!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2015, 21:19:12 PM »
Yes but again I think the problem isn't ordering from the kids menu, it's generally the dire choices that offers over there - in Calis it's nearly always fish fingers and chips, sausage & chips and maybe spaghetti bolognese - not exactly the range you small appetited ladies are looking for. Mozaik Bahce's kids menu is not like that, making it ideal.

Maybe there is a market for this - maybe a 'light' menu.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2015, 21:31:01 PM »
I agree Scunner, perhaps some of the restaurants who read this forum would consider offering a smaller portion menu, I don't think "light" is the way to go, sounds a bit calorie counted!! don't want to diet just don't want to be overwhelmed with too much food. Agree the choice from a childrens menu is usually on the scale of fish fingers and chips. Even small children could do with more choice than that.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2015, 21:36:46 PM »
The easiest way is to just ask for a half portion - Turkish people will and there doesn't appear to be any problem with it at all. I remember telling Turkish friends that the problem with having pide for lunch is that I found one was not enough and two far too much. They just looked at me as if I was an idiot and then said "order one and a half then".

Seems the norm :D

Offline sadler

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2015, 21:37:21 PM »
Or even as I dare say, what our incredible local pub offers for a Sunday roast, a small, a standard and a large meal. All made up of the same food, but in three different sizes. I have even been known to have a dessert there because I haven't been so over whelmed by the size of the main meal. It has nothing to do with the cost, as I have banged on on numerous occasions, you eat with your eyes, and if I see too much, I switch off immediately. M.G. Wins hands down on their sampler menu days as the food is put in the centre of the table and diners can choose how much to put on their plates, but at the same time, they are not faced with mountains of food as is often on offer at AI diners. Well done Nicola and Dugan .

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf