Author Topic: koca calis beach bars  (Read 6309 times)

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
koca calis beach bars
« on: May 11, 2015, 23:03:38 PM »
Are there any changes taking place to the local beach bars, I have heard that murat has left escape 1881, has anyone else taken over?
I'm out next week just wandering whats changed.

markar

Offline quackers

Re: koca calis beach bars
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 17:20:42 PM »
Zentara have taken over Escape.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 18:18:35 PM »
A bar near surf club has so i have been told must check it out ,has taken on the excellent chef from the mandalin .

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 21:23:02 PM »
hi quackers, i'm not familiar with zentara,  are there any changes , do you know if he has kept murats chef (grenda) on her indian style food is fab.

cheers markar

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 22:49:22 PM »
Where's Murat gone? We always say hello since we first met him at the original Escape Bar, (now totally revamped as the Angel Bar/Cafe).
What is Zantara like? Hard to compete with the atmosphere of Surf Cafe, I would think - though the food was average.

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 00:40:00 AM »
Where's Murat gone? We always say hello since we first met him at the original Escape Bar, (now totally revamped as the Angel Bar/Cafe).
What is Zantara like? Hard to compete  with the atmosphere of Surf Cafe, I would think - though the food was average.
Spoke to Murat earlier today (well yesterday now) he's working at the Surf Cafe throughout the summer.  He's my next door neighbour so can always give him a message.

Offline quackers

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 06:26:28 AM »
Zentara have knocked the old Escape about and ıt should be lovely when ıts fınıshed. THey own the Cultural centre ın Calıs and we were ınformed ıt would be a camp sıte. We shall see.

Offline quackers

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 16:11:33 PM »
Drove along Koca Calıs beach area thıs mornıng. Mekans open, Captaıns beıng knocked about or down, Max's Bar stıll there, Old Escape now called Zentara stıll beıng sorted but open and some folks goıng for brekkıe, From there to Bakraç ıs a b....y mess. The chıldrens park and sports equıp area that was started 2 years ago ıs stıll not had anythıng done to ıt, the rest of the area ıs eıther scruffy or full of what looks lıke tents, caravaners and rubbısh. Bakraç ıs lovely and the Surf Cafe has not changed. Why cant they get Koca Calıs sorted ıt used to be lovely.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 18:21:17 PM »
What is Zantara like? Hard to compete with the atmosphere of Surf Cafe, I would think - though the food was average.
Tell him 'hello from Marcia and Louis' (have villa down the road from his old haunt, The Escape cafe where the Angel is now). Remind him of our daughter and her twins - always used to go there with her laptop. Glad that he's now working at The Surf Cafe as that's the nearest beach club to us. We'll be there in a few weeks.Thanks!

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 23:52:40 PM »
I was in Zentara today for lunch was really tasty and lovely presentation, noticed a few others what they got to it and looked really good as well , will Defo be paying another visit when back in July

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf