Author Topic: The Special One  (Read 2782 times)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Re: The Special One
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2015, 09:56:46 AM »
I can't stand Maureen, but was he was so wrong on Wenger?  After all since Wenger last won the PL and Maureen won the Portugese league, Maureen has won the CL twice, the Premier League three times, the Italian league twice, the Spanish league, umpteen cups...and Wenger has still to win the league again and his best record in the CL us the final.  I think On this evidence you can easily see who is the better manager.
            Wenger!!!  Crap manager, but give him a chance, after all he has only been with Arsenal 19 years.  ;) :D :D

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2015, 08:02:27 AM »
As an afterthought to my comment on Maureen, I should add that Chelski did buy the first two of Maureen's PL titles, but  i do not think that money would have been enough and the final ingredient to those successes was Maureen.

Cue Tinx

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 16:43:52 PM »
As did Ferguson in 1993 - bought big money players but still had to mould them into a winning team.

Wenger - well, stays pretty much within budget (mostly) and is a good businessman. Indeed, a few years ago they played wonderful football  that I'd pay good money to watch - and I'm no great Arsenal fan.

In short, it seems that everybody "buys" the PL title (even dear old Blackburn).

If there is any wealthy CBF member who fancies playing a part in a winning team of the future, I have a proposal.......

may I suggest a reasonable donation to Torquay United? (Goodness knows, we need all the support we can get).

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 17:03:11 PM »
As did Ferguson in 1993 - bought big money players but still had to mould them into a winning team.

Like who?

The big money (and unknown) Andrea Kanchelskis at £650k perhaps, or maybe the big money (and unknown) Peter Schmeical at  £500k? Or the cut price too much trouble Cantona at £1.2 million?

I suspect you mean Roy Keane at £3.75 million. Who arrived after they had won the Premiership.

Bought the title indeed <rolls eyes>

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf