Author Topic: finet in ovacik ?  (Read 6479 times)

Offline patch

finet in ovacik ?
« on: January 31, 2016, 15:49:13 PM »
i am in touch with a Turkish man who is trying to get Finet installed in Ovacik , if we can get enough people interested , they may install it . He is not on any commission , he just want decent internet as he lives in Ovacik and he is prepared to communicate with the finet people because they speak very little English . below is a copy of his post off another site .

NEW (POSSIBLE) INTERNET OPTION FOR OVACIK
For a long time I have been asked about the internet speed problems in Ovacık area which I am also suffering too. Internet speed in Ovacık area is so unstable some people get really good reliable internet and some people get hardly any.
I have spoken to the local Telekom guy here and Telekom has no plans of improvement to the internet lines here. Therefore I had a meeting with the guy at FiNET to ask if he is planning to set up system in Ovacık. He said he would consider it if there was enough demand hence the reason I am putting this message on.
FiNET Works on a base station and receiver system. They set up their base station where the internet speed is high and deliver it through a transmitter to your property. All you need then is a receiver which they come over and set up. The speed they deliver is 5mbps stable. They do not have any fair usage quota (With Turk Telekom maximum quota you can have is 100GB. After the fair usage quota they reduce your speed!) So their internet is TRUE UNLIMITED.
The initial set up fee including the first month internet will be 300TL and 40TL per month after that. By paying this fee you are purchasing their receiver and paying them to set it up. If you wanted to cancel your subscription they will buy the receiver back for 100TL.
I am going to be helping them to set this up and I offered to be their point of contact to start things up. So if you are interested please put your comment under here and I will have another meeting with him if there is enough interest.
also you can have it switched on and off when you want ( you just pay for a month at a time )

if people are interested i can give them his e-mail or if im allowed i can post it on here .
   would anyone be interested ?  thanks

Offline Menthol

Re: finet in ovacik ?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 20:19:55 PM »
I have already expressed my interest on his Facebook post. Be good to have a choice wouldn't it?  :)

Offline patch

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 13:21:42 PM »
It would be ideal for people who  aren't residents because you can have it turned on and off as required and no need for line rental .

Offline thekeyclan

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 19:28:10 PM »
I would definitely be interested, I presently use the turkcell mifi which is good, but way to expensive to consider any tv usage. This would give me that facility.

Offline Gilly1

• Gillian Grundy
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 22:07:06 PM »
Hi Patch, There is a new wireless internet provider coming to Ovacik in April called Skyfibernet.com. 40tl a month and can switch on and off when needed.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 22:13:01 PM »
Yes they offer the same service as FINET, using the same technology off mobile/microwave towers.  Although their prices were higher for installation, 600TL last time I spoke to them, they claim it is higher because they use better quality dish/router.  One thing they do have, and it is worth asking FINET about, is a smart DNS server on your router which means that you no longer need a seperate VPN or DNS service on each of your devices.

Offline patch

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 20:03:01 PM »
i think you have to sign up for a year with skyfibernet

Offline thekeyclan

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 20:27:34 PM »
Where is the skyfibernet office please?

Offline patch

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 21:02:47 PM »
i stand corrected , i have spoke to skyfibernet and you will be able to switch it on and off

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 22:22:54 PM »
Where is the skyfibernet office please?
At the Dolmus station/Fethiye Mosque - return journey to Ovacik - the dolmus turns the 'strange left' and on the right hand side of the road there you will see a large white building plastered with Skyfibrenet signs.  If you have gone twenty metres past the strange left turn, you will have missed their offices.

BTW is there someone in FINET now who speaks english?  Which I think is rather essential if you do have a problem.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf