Author Topic: Vimto  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Vimto
« on: June 08, 2016, 13:08:37 PM »
Vimto (formerly Vim Tonic) is apparently the most popular drink in the Middle East to have to break your fast during Ramadan. 35 million bottles a year are sold in the region but with a spike during Ramadan. Do you see much of it in Turkey during Ramazan?

Offline scorcher

Re: Vimto
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 16:09:48 PM »
BBC not the only good thing to come out of Salford then.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 21:14:49 PM »
Can't say I have ever noticed it on the shelves here.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 02:50:33 AM »
It's produced under licence in Saudi Arabia, Yemen and The Gambia. It's available in over 65 countries.

The company that I work for, Cott Beverages, make it at Kegworth ( close to East Midlands Airport ) for distribution in the UK and Europe on behalf of the brand owners, Cabana.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 07:27:18 AM »
Far too northern for my southern taste!

I prefer the local cherry flavoured  Ramazan serbeti... Lovely stuff and when it goes on the shelf I buy wholesale amounts and lay it down in the cellar for when it is no longer available.  My favourite brand is the one from Bimms, but other brands are available too in other markets.

I like to call it Dental Mouthwash - don't let that put you off - in much the same way as I rename the very excellent Yedigen red pop drink, Monkey Blood.  This perhaps confirms that ol' UBT may be losing the plot, now that he has been seperated from ready access to Best Bitter  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf