Author Topic: Hiking the Lycian Way  (Read 3176 times)

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
Hiking the Lycian Way
« on: July 05, 2016, 14:44:44 PM »
I have been reading a really good blog called hikethelycian.com about a couple leaving Hisaronu and walking along the Lycian way. They  go prepared for the trip with the necessary equipment. I was watching a programme this morning about three youngsters who left Antalya on the Lycian way who nearly lost their lives on what should have been a pleasant walk in the mountains. Luckily thanks to the Turkish rescue services they were safe but it was a close call as they had been missing eight days in harsh weather with no food or tent etc.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Hiking the Lycian Way
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 14:54:25 PM »
Kate Clow was the driving force behind the opening of the Lycian Way and she helped to write the guidebook that covers it from Hisaronu to Antalya. It's well marked for most of it's length, but you only need to make a simple mistake and it's very easy to become lost and disorientated, especially in low-light.

I've walked it as far as Kas and acted as guide and back-up to several groups in the past.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 15:59:41 PM »
... and very good you were too according to Mrs Scorcher and her university pal.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 17:21:05 PM »
Thank you.  :)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 19:58:25 PM »
Yes, I watched that too today, I was crying with his mum and dad when they were rescued, they were extremely lucky.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf