Author Topic: Bed linen  (Read 2360 times)

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Bed linen
« on: August 25, 2005, 13:56:36 PM »
We're just in the process of buying an apartment in Calis and are visiting in October to furnish etc.  If I buy my sheets and take them with me will they fit the beds in Turkey - are the beds the same size as UK beds. And will it pay me to do that?

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Bed linen
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 14:15:09 PM »
we took all the bed linen from england and it fitted perfect

Offline stew

Bed linen
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 16:57:12 PM »
sheets fitted perfect but throws to long at sides & bottom our turkish beds are lower than ours at home
mrs stew

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
Bed linen
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 16:59:14 PM »
We actually struggled with our double fitted sheets on our double bed but I think that was the depth of the mattress.  It is deep!  I am taking over king size fitted sheets this time.  We purchased our throws in Turkey and they are absolutely beautiful.  I think once you see the choice there you will want to buy!

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Bed linen
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 18:49:51 PM »
Agree with everything said. Bought polycotton in UK and took them out- fitted singles perfectly- the mattresses are very deep though! Throws are fab in Turkey and cheaper than UK with more choice. You can have them made also as they stock the material in the shops by the inside market in Fethiye. We managed to get some huge ones to cover our sofa bedsc ompletely as we didnt care for the 'tartan 'design. As they were sold as part of the apartment we werent complaining though!

Offline Alan Keating

Bed linen
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 13:45:25 PM »
A word of caution; we bought a "large king size", the UK "king size" were too small in everyway. We have bought all our cotten sheets etc, locally, quality & cost very good. We can give addrees/directions if you require; we are there from the 3 October if it helps. 8)

Offline lmaddy

Bed linen
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 15:03:18 PM »
We bought from Gizems - Cardi Cadsi (is that how you spell it?)
Anyway, they are on the road where all the electronic shops are about 1/2 way down. They have 2 shops one for textiles and one opp for curtains - they did both.

All good quality - but sheets are pure cotten so crease like hell.
2 sets for 3 kings & 2 singles - fitted & top sheets, with one set of pikets £200 the lot. Though as be bought curtains as well so we got a good discount.

rgs
Lorraine

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Bed linen
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2005, 18:27:53 PM »
Thanks for all the replies. I think we'll wait till we get there because of the weight restrictions.  The suitcase'll be too heavy.  Just hope we're able to arrange to buy everything in the few days we have - otherwise we'll just have to visit again VERY SOON!!

Offline SEVIYORUM

Bed linen
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2005, 16:45:55 PM »
Just in case your bed linen does not fit. there is a village not too far away from fethiye called Denizili and its famous for the linen. Very cheap and they are suppliers for wimbledon.
xx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf