Author Topic: The hotels start to fight back  (Read 1683 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
The hotels start to fight back
« on: May 28, 2017, 12:11:01 PM »
There's been a bit of coverage in the press recently about the number of bogus illness claims being made against AI hotels, mainly by holidaymakers from the UK.  Some of the hotels in Majorca have suggested they may not accept bookings from UK visitors it's got that bad.

Well, this hotel in Crete ain't taking it lying down!  They've decided to counter sue and the couple are now desperately trying to get out of their claim.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4548686/Hotel-sues-fake-holiday-bug-pair-170-000.html

Have I any sympathy for them?  Absolutely not.  They got greedy and decided there was some easy money to be made.

JF

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Re: The hotels start to fight back
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 12:21:23 PM »
We find ourselves in a strange world. It won't be long before we will be able to claim that the bar allowed you to drink too many Efes causing a hangover the following day spoiling your holiday.
Flight delay claims is another stupid thing IMO. I agree that the airline should look after you and make sure you are fed and watered etc but the levels of compensation being paid are only going to push up flight prices.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 13:34:48 PM »
Hell's bells John ! What are you doing repeating something from the Daily Fail ?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 14:22:20 PM »
Actually it was the Fail on Sunday  ;)

JF

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 19:16:26 PM »