Author Topic: Turkish Not Turkey: Kyrenia & Karaolanoglu  (Read 6393 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: Turkish Not Turkey: Kyrenia & Karaolanoglu
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 17:29:55 PM »
All best wishes for a speedy recovery from your injury.
Thanks Stuart. Bit better today but still not properly operational. Which is why I am piddling about sorting my photos and posting some of them on here instead of being out and about in this fine weather.

Offline philrose

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2017, 17:34:47 PM »
There is information on northen cyprus residency here. Please note that the procedures for residency are currently under review...
http://cyprusscene.com/2015/04/13/northern-cyprus-residency-permit-update-april-2015/

Offline Laura B

• Newly Registered
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2017, 17:40:52 PM »
Yes sorry to hear about your injury Colwyn, I hope recovery is swift.

Bernie.  No you cannot work here without a work permit although there are many Brits working. Whether they are all legal I don't know but there are many with their own companies so I assume it is not so difficult as in Turkey.  English is also very widely spoken and although it is useful to have a bit of Turkish one never needs translators or translations of documents etc.  With regard to residency, there is a 'gentleman's agreement' that people over the age o 60 do not need residency and can come and go as they wish. We have residency as although we are well over 60 we decided that 'gentlemen's agreements'  could end arbitrarily so we feel better having the stamp and book. Freedom of choice.  Very easy to obtain and few hoops to jump through.  Having lived in Turkey for 12 years we now feel very much at home here.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2017, 18:04:25 PM »
Thank you. My dear Colwyn I do hope your recovery is Swift and you stop trying to compete with me injury wise ????
Get well soon x
Thanks all for info and links. Your photos are really nice x

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf