Author Topic: Nigel and Ian Ex. Kismet Bar  (Read 6042 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Re: Nigel and Ian Ex. Kismet Bar
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 11:28:15 AM »
Great couple, wish them all the luck in the world for their new life. Turkeys loss,Spain's gain x thanks Mercury x

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 16:44:11 PM »
they will be missed ,
there is another write up on face book good luck boyz

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2017, 23:33:41 PM »
Apologies for my late reply, I am just back from a week in Harrogate.

I take my hat off to Nigel and Ian, as I think Mercury said, they were always available and more than willing to perform for charity - and that goes back to before 3Cs and AA etc. I told the story before on here but here goes again (short version)...

In earlier days there was the Starfish charity - many will remember - who did amazing work with disabled kids down in Yaniklar. We (CBF) raised money many times for them - one of the biggest was a night of various local singers doing a turn for charity. Gordy (GordonA) and I took it so seriously we even did a soundcheck in the afternoon of the big evening event - everything perfect and ready to go.

When we arrived for the evening nothing worked - backing tracks, microphones, you name it, it had gone pear hsape since the afternoon soundcheck.

Performers were dropping out like flies dropping out of something.

Ian was having nothing of the sort - after a couple of songs battling with a Norman Collier microphone, he dumped that too and sang without amplification, backing track or indeed anything technological at all - just Ian and his big voice.

He saved the night then and we raised loads.

We went to Kismet quite a time after that - more than once - and Ian always took time to come and sit and chat - even though we weren't regulars (well once a year is regular) and he is simply a lovely man. Nigel is a nut but puts smiles on faces and an equally good chap.

I was saddened to see that the end of Kismet finally came after several stays of execution, and hope (and expect) their new episode will be as colourful and interesting as their Turkish one.

All the best fellas  :)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2017, 19:07:19 PM »
Thank you K.. Have sent this to them as they are not following CBF.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2017, 19:20:17 PM »
Are they not? I take it all back then 

;)

Offline col

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 14:21:03 PM »
Does anyone know where they have moved to in Spain and if they have or intending to open a bar once again?

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2017, 16:34:35 PM »
No they are not opening  bar.. It is in a village about half an hour from the coast.. Orihuela. Or something like that

Offline col

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2017, 18:36:47 PM »
No they are not opening  bar.. It is in a village about half an hour from the coast.. Orihuela. Or something like that

many thanks for that

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 23:10:20 PM »
Sorry for a late response on this thread but we are in Northumberland at the moment with  very intermittent Internet and very poor mobile reception (didn't realise that places like this still existed   ;)) so have only just caught up with this.
Anne,  Pete and I couldn't agree with you more. It was a great write up about two great people thay you posted and we echo your comments completely.  Many of the Calis Carnival events and subsequent 3Cs events would not have been so successful and memorable without the help of the Boyz.. A few more memories to add to the list - who could ever forget Nigel in drag as Talula in our take off of Bugsy at our Valentines Night Massacre event?  Then there was the infamous Mr Calis competition which he compered ( in his element) at the Carnival street party.  Then there were the carnival.Open Mic nights that Ian helped organise and sang at as well as the the various balls. And don't forget the YMCA night - unforgettable!
Of course they helped all of the other charities as well. Ian even sang at some of the big FETAV fundraisers (the foundation that the local charities legally operate under)  and Nigel helped organise the Fetav concert on the square a few years ago. I could go on and on as they were involved in so many things
Pete and I are really grateful for all their help and friendship over the years and sincerely wish them all the best for the new and exciting chapter in their life.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf