Author Topic: Help!!  (Read 24005 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: Help!!
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2017, 09:37:15 AM »
You got it wrong there Stu. It's got to be the chemist in Fethiye where all Brits go. Jacqui says so!!!
Trouble is you can't get into there as it is always jam-crammed full of Brits. That's why most people go elsewhere.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2017, 10:09:44 AM »
You got it wrong there Stu. It's got to be the chemist in Fethiye where all Brits go. Jacqui says so!!!
Trouble is you can't get into there as it is always jam-crammed full of Brits. That's why most people go elsewhere.

Glad to see you have decided to return to Turkey Colwyn.  Let us know which Chemists you are now using..

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2017, 18:46:45 PM »
What a snidy and unpleasant remark, true colours showing again... mind you, at least Ally B seems to approve of your remark.

Guess what, just because you say it's so, it doesn't mean it is so.

JF

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2017, 19:43:43 PM »
I always find that antihistamine tablets stop the itching within minutes.. I think that Kenkays started this off with his uncalled for remark.. This post smacks of bullying Jacqui yet again.. She had her opinions and not everybody agrees but she is entitled to express them..

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2017, 20:33:03 PM »
mercury - in my opinion......

You are correct in saying that Jacqui is entitled to express her opinion but she also has to accept that others post in good faith and that she doesn't need to keep going back to them suggesting they are irrelevant.

Sweeping statements such as "that's where all the Brits go" also don't help.

And in particular, Jacqui's comment to Colwyn I thought was in particular poor taste. The man has decided on a point of principal not to go back to Turkey and that is not something that certainly doesn't warrant such a sarcastic remark . (with apologies to Colwyn who may well wish to reply)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 20:43:50 PM by Highlander »

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2017, 21:14:28 PM »
I am hoping that conditions improve to an extent that will make me comfortable again to visit Turkey and so I keep a close watch on developments. In doing this there are a number of CBF members who have a good knowledge and understanding of what is happening in Turkey and whose opinion I respect.

Just in case anyone was curious.

Offline marina

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2017, 21:29:22 PM »
Well said Highlander.  This an open forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just because it may be different to someone else's doesn't mean it's wrong.  Something that Jacqui doesn't always grasp. 

As for knowing that ALL Brits go to the one in Fethiye I'm not sure how she knows that.  I've been coming to Calis for 15 years and never been to the one in Fethiye!  If I've ever needed a chemist I've used the one in Calis so that's at least one Brit out of the equation.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2017, 22:32:44 PM »
Agree Mercury. I don't think we can attribute all the snidy remarks to Jacqui either. Many people make unnecessary comments on here, some of which seem to be deemed acceptable and therefore selectively taken as a joke. I do feel uncomfortable about what I see as the 'bullying' aspect, often directed at Jacqui who has helped so many people and has sometimes been the only (or first) contributor to a query. Check her statistics. For me this is an open, good, friendly, helpful forum, I love it, so please don't change that.  :-\

Offline Ally B

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2017, 08:28:10 AM »
Well John F you should know,you seem to be an expert on snidy.Next time I want to like something on here I will run it through you first. If that is alright with you.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2017, 09:25:27 AM »
I always find that antihistamine tablets stop the itching within minutes.. I think that Kenkays started this off with his uncalled for remark.. This post smacks of bullying Jacqui yet again.. She had her opinions and not everybody agrees but she is entitled to express them..
Gee thanks Mercury. I haven't been in trouble for a long time. Must be getting back on form. However with Jacqui nobody needs to "start it" as she's very capable of doing that herself.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf