Author Topic: A very proud CBF Member  (Read 1840 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
A very proud CBF Member
« on: October 09, 2017, 20:04:19 PM »
I am delighted that CBF member shamless2 has allowed me to post this.

These pictures were taken at the British Academy Cymru Awards last night.

Aberfan: The Green Hollow  was a BBC film poem shown last year to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Aberfan disaster. The film was written by Owen Sheers and performed by a stellar cast of Wales's best-known acting talent, including Michael Sheen, Jonathan Pryce, Sian Phillips, Eve Myles and Iwan Rheon.

The film was nominated for 7 BAFTA’S and came away with three -  for Television Drama, Writer (Owen Sheers) and the Breakthrough Award (Jenna Robbins).

Shamless2 is Ann, the little girl who is the central character in the drama and all the words spoken by Ann were in fact Shamless2’s.

Not surprisingly, she was on cloud none last night and I am guessing she is still there. She has every right to be very proud today.

Thanks again for letting me post this.

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 20:30:52 PM »
I am delighted that CBF member shamless2 has allowed me to post this.

These pictures were taken at the British Academy Cymru Awards last night.

Aberfan: The Green Hollow  was a BBC film poem shown last year to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Aberfan disaster. The film was written by Owen Sheers and performed by a stellar cast of Wales's best-known acting talent, including Michael Sheen, Jonathan Pryce, Sian Phillips, Eve Myles and Iwan Rheon.

The film was nominated for 7 BAFTA’S and came away with three -  for Television Drama, Writer (Owen Sheers) and the Breakthrough Award (Jenna Robbins).

Shamless2 is Ann, the little girl who is the central character in the drama and all the words spoken by Ann were in fact Shamless2’s.

Not surprisingly, she was on cloud none last night and I am guessing she is still there. She has every right to be very proud today.

Thanks again for letting me post this.

Yes John, it was a very special night, after 50 years of not being able to talk about what happened that day, talking to Owen (initially just for a poem on PTSD) brought about the flood gates opening, and partially a cathartic effect. This year has flown by and it will be 51 years at the end of this month, and so far media coverage has been minimal, thankfully xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: A very proud CBF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 21:18:24 PM »
And very glamorous you looked too:(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf