Author Topic: Pool Moss  (Read 4004 times)

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
Pool Moss
« on: June 30, 2018, 23:15:42 PM »
Has anyone ever had a problem with pool moss? Our pool last year had moss on the walls of the pool and we were told by maintenance company it was because of the extreme heat and improper grout used. We had the pool regrouted but apparently the moss has appeared again so we need to have it regrouted again! This has never happened prior to last year. is this common? Thanks in advance

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Pool Moss
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 01:12:00 AM »
It's all about the chemicals....

If they're not the right measurements, and I'm sorry but I can't remember what chemicals are used, then you'll get algae - sounds like the maintenance company are trying to fob you off or create work for themselves.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 07:27:23 AM »
sounds like the maintenance company are trying to fob you off or create work for themselves.
Surely not Nichola, they would never do that to a non resident customer. I mean, that's almost like accusing them of stealing...  ;)

JF

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 08:58:03 AM »
Thanks Nicholas, I did mention about the chemicals not being the right balance, but what do I know!  : :) The maintenance people we have are new last year and so far have kept the gardens nice according to our neighbour Emre but always seem to have trouble regarding the pool. They have emptied half of the pool and refilled it which cleared most of it but as you say if the chemical balance isn't right then it will be an occuring problem.

Offline davybill

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 09:09:39 AM »
Sounds like it needs treating with Algeaside,and shocking with Cloride.
Nothing to do with grouting.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 10:50:02 AM »
Thanks Nichola, I did mention about the chemicals not being the right balance, but what do I know!  :  :)

Obviously more than they do lol

Offline DANKY

• Never red
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 13:10:56 PM »
defiantly a chemical issue 

Offline sgc

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 12:06:44 PM »
How are you getting on with this Rana?

There are various types of Algae and all some will need a different kind of treatment to others.

Dreaded black algae will not just disappear with normal shock treatment and will need a much more technical approach. It can appear to disappear but lurks in the concrete ready to re-emerge.

The only way I have found to deal with these kinds of issues in Fethiye is to do your own thorough research and treatment. Otherwise you'll be told it's the grout and you'll re-grout the pool 3 times at your expense before someone suggests otherwise...

Chemicals and their quantities are the key thing with pools.

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 22:48:17 PM »
Thanks sgc, we mentioned to our neighbour about the possible chemical problem and last we heard he was going to mention it to the maintenance guy. No news as yet (bad or good) so hopefully it's sorted or will be. No complaints either from friends who've stayed, which I take as a good sign. I must chase this up though as no way are we paying for new grout....Again  :D

Offline sgc

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2018, 09:05:39 AM »
Pleased to hear Rana,
Is all going well this season with it?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf