Author Topic: Steigenberger Aqua Magic Hotel  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Daffodil2017

• Newly Registered
Steigenberger Aqua Magic Hotel
« on: August 29, 2018, 12:13:39 PM »
When we bought a new house we had a problem with the family bathroom which meant that it never smelt right and cleaning products had no effect. Luckily the en-suite bathrooms were fine. A plumber came out to look at the bathroom and he said that the outlet pipe was too short and not fitted correctly and fixed it straight away. He said that the pipes are all connected and the toilets on the ground floor would have given gases off and have probably been leaking out of the toilet pipe in the family bathroom upstairs. I wondered if that would have happened at that hotel? I am no plumbing expert but something caused the poor couple to be ill in that room and they are saying that there is a bad odour?Would they be toxic enough to kill you?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Steigenberger Aqua Magic Hotel
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 12:47:55 PM »
I doubt it. Otherwise sewer and sewerage workers would be dropping like flies.

Offline Daffodil2017

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 18:40:29 PM »
I believe that they are issued with overalls and breathing apparatus.Quite a few unpleasant gases are released but modern plumbing if properly fitted copes with them.Methane,hydrogen dioxide and other lethal gases do build up in sewers.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 18:50:27 PM by Daffodil2017 »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 09:44:37 AM »
The latest speculation is that an adjoining room had been fumigated the previous day and that the toxic gases had leaked into their room. Hence the reported "strange smell" in the couple's room.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf