Author Topic: Bedding  (Read 2364 times)

Offline Mishy

Bedding
« on: November 15, 2005, 13:12:50 PM »
I want to get some nice covers for the beds in our Villa. Came over in October but thought the prices qouted to have them made were very expensive. The Curtains for windows were way above what I was expecting to pay. Has anyone taken Over from U.K or can anyone reccommend somewhere to buy when over in July.

Offline Alan Keating

Bedding
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 14:22:02 PM »
We bought everything there; you pay for the quality you want, we are very happy with all ours.
Suggest you use the "Search", plenty of input. 8)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 14:22:51 PM by Alan Keating »

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Bedding
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 15:30:40 PM »
we bought our curtains in fethiye ,yes they were expensive bot worth it, but we bought our bedding over from england it was much cheaper

Offline pompeyboy

Bedding
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 19:17:16 PM »
we had our curtains made in Fethiye, £600 for the whole house, this was for 5 sets of patio doors, and five large windows, with tie backs and hooks, fitting and linings, thought it wasn't too bad and they look fab, ordered on the Tuesday and fitted on the Friday, can't get that service back home, we have taken our bedding over from UK, 4.5 tog duvets/covers and fitted sheets (for our personal use) are hard to get, but will be getting our guests bedding made
debbie (pompeyboy's wifey)

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 20:39:46 PM »
Hi
We were out week of 21 October and bought our curtains from a shop called 'Brillant' (think thats it) which is on the road behind Dolmus station and fish market.  Ordered on the Monday and fitted on the Friday.  Again, initial thoughts were felt it sounded pricy - but results are great and very pleased.
Doug

Offline teresa321

Bedding
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 20:52:41 PM »
We took our bedding and stuff out from UK. I also found it pricey and when in the UK I just found it easier to get what I wanted and browse, it also made me feel like I was "doing things" when I couldn't be in Turkey. The net curtains in Turkey are beautiful though and I may fork out for our new windows and patio doors.

Teresa

Offline rowanis

Bedding
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 17:25:40 PM »
Hi, if its Omar's Brilliant shop - there are a few, he is very good.

Bedding wise, duvets are horrendously expensive out here, but bedding is generally 100% cotton and I got all of mine from a stall/shop near the Fish Market in Fethiye, if you come out of the middle entrance at the end of the fruit/veg end of the market and turn right, walking up towards the back road out of fethiye, its on the right, loads of choice and much more reasonable than I have found elsewhere.

Offline suwater

Bedding
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 19:41:11 PM »
i have taken curtains as you can shop for bargains here if you have your measurements and the same as teresa321 it keeps you "doing things" while we have to be here we have found photos a great help when buying things here at the moment i am looking for christmas decorations as we felt the weight of a christmas tree and and decided to not bother with a tree we are over on the 16th of december for 2 weeks.
so would take some from here if you can manage the weight
sue

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Bedding
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 02:39:56 AM »
I did it both ways. We took curtain material out from UK & had it made up over there. We bought net curtains in Turkey.
The bedding we had made up over there, beautiful colours, nice to sleep on BUT it does crease like mad. We also took over some percale ones that we wash, dry & put straight back on the bed too. I HATE ironing!
Covers or quilted overthrows we bought here as I do think you get a better choice than in Turkey.
It's all down to personal preference & taste, no hard & fast rules.
Linda

Offline Mishy

Bedding
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 16:44:02 PM »
Thanks everyone

Michelle

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf