Author Topic: OUR SHOPPING PRICE LIST  (Read 8729 times)

Offline Sinbad

OUR SHOPPING PRICE LIST
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2005, 08:56:41 AM »
One of the kids broke one of our plastic chairs so we went in to get a new one - Bekir wanted to replace it for free but we told him that was not fair as it was not a fault in the chair that caused it to break -  rather a kid trying to sit on it using one its 4 legs!

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
OUR SHOPPING PRICE LIST
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2005, 09:29:23 AM »

I can only reiterate whats been said before- the reason Eren Spot is so popular is keen prices and great service!

Offline lmaddy

OUR SHOPPING PRICE LIST
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2005, 10:25:32 AM »
Have to agree here, Eren Spot with Bekir and his wife (very nice lady) work hard, give a great service with keen prices.
It was a great place to get all the basics - we didn't get the speacial things there like sofa's & dinning room table. But for everything else I thought they weere great. We did all our shopping there is 40 mins.

I also had problems paying with my credit card, it just wouldn't go through. Bekir still sent my goods so we had something to sleep on and I paid a few days later.

They work hard and long hours, they deliver a good service I hope him and his family live very comfortably.

Lorraine

Offline pint

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2005, 20:57:07 PM »
hi, i only put up the shopping post to help anyone who is looking to buy furniture in the near future. I, like everyone else on the forum has at sometime looked to try and find out how much things cost etc..i have seen a number of posts which shows how much people have payed for things, i just thought that if i put our full list up it would help anyone who is looking to buy furniture.
    HOPE THE LIST IS OF SOME HELP

Offline Ali Asterisk

OUR SHOPPING PRICE LIST
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2005, 01:12:02 AM »
Pint

I still think it's a good idea.  :) I've just printed it and packed it ready for Saturday.  I'll try and be as organised as you and write down what I pay for and where!!!

Happy Christmas everyone

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
OUR SHOPPING PRICE LIST
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2005, 09:13:28 AM »
Yes indeed Pint, it is a very useful reference point, and thanks for it. The slight tangent the thread took was unfortunate, but implied some sort of favouritism from this forum towards one particular shop. I felt it had to be addressed.

As a balance to my (and others) bias towards Eren Spot (based on service received!) here is a little story of the other extreme:

I am moving soon to a house that was bought as an incomplete project - and went with my builder to order the aircon units. I know a lot of people and like to deal with honest people. My builder is Turkish and we went through the catalogue making a list. The builder then took the list over to the shop owner to order.

In Turkish, the buiilder and shop owner talked. We paid a deposit and left. I was then informed that the shop owner told my builder "It is 3 milyar 300, tell me how much you want me to tell him it is".

My builder said "Just tell him how much it is".

I've heard a number of similar stories, so hats off to my builder, Bekir from Erin Spot and all the others who are happy to do honest business with us Brits.

Scunner

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
OUR SHOPPING PRICE LIST
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2005, 13:52:44 PM »
Interesting how some things haven't gone up much over the last two years. Some have though - here is a list of some of the things we bought in Oct 2003. Some can be compared and some can't - none was bought from Erin Spot.

Offline teresa321

OUR SHOPPING PRICE LIST
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2005, 18:54:08 PM »
Your list was of great help to us Stoop as I think it was about the first comprehensive guide on the forum.  We did use Bekir because he was by then recommended quite a lot. To be honest when you are furnishing from scratch and you can walk in and get virtually everthing you need and have it delivered the same day - with a smile and excellent English, why not?

We bought our 3 piece elsewhere and our dining table and chairs.

Teresa

Offline ginny.geofftaylor

OUR SHOPPING PRICE LIST
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2006, 12:40:36 PM »
We are coming to Fethiye at the beginning of May to furnish our villa.  We will be buying most of our items from Eren Spot as we visited his shop when we were on holiday last year and found it to be well priced and the staff extremely  helpful.  Can anyone advise if it is better to pay in turkish lira or sterling or doesn't it make much difference.

Ginny

Offline lmaddy

OUR SHOPPING PRICE LIST
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2006, 13:01:09 PM »
We found it didn't make any difference. Bekir will take either cash, credit card, sterling or Turkish.

Most Turkish shope will take GBP (even the maket holders)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf