Author Topic: sat tv  (Read 3291 times)

Offline tony

sat tv
« on: November 28, 2005, 21:31:17 PM »
Can anyone advise me on sat tv set ups. We bought a TV in October its one of those with a built in DVD player, which at the time was all we were planning to do with it (ie play DVDs no dish as yet). However now we are interested in actually watching the channels, Bearing in mind that we visit the apartment say tree times a year can anyone suggest a reasonably cheap way we can do this and what sort type of channels are available.

kind regards Tony  

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
sat tv
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 07:11:48 AM »
Use the search facility top right of page....it has mostly all been discussed before...then ask a specific question if you cant find what you are looking for. :)

Offline kanga

sat tv
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 11:32:51 AM »
see ali at the almina apts ,he got me 999 channels sat dish instaslled for £180 all freeview ,including sport films bbc prime ect

Offline young at heart

• Orpington, UK
sat tv
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 23:45:26 PM »
can you tell me where almin apts are as we are interested in sat tv thanks pauline

Offline sandgrounder

sat tv
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 13:08:46 PM »
Just go and see UFUK Electronics just a few doors away from Erun Spot. The lads in there will sort out all your satellite needs including the fitting of your dish and programming of your box. Just be carefull of channel 47 :o

Offline haluk

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 13:13:01 PM »
how many of those 999 channels are in english and out of those how many are viewable?

Offline philrose

sat tv
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 15:40:57 PM »
BBC Prime, CNN, BBC Word News, Theres a couple of sports ones as I remember and a couple of french chanels that do fairly up to date movies (they have a dual soundtrack so you can opt for french or english. Apart from the already mentioned chanel 47[:0 that's all I remember anyone know any more?

You can also opt to purchase a smart card which gives you loads more films etc, but I han'nt bothered with this yet.

Offline haluk

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 15:48:48 PM »
sounds like you got the hotbird package. had that a few years ago and binned it.

Offline philrose

sat tv
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 15:59:15 PM »
Yep good old Hotbird. Thinking of changing this year, anyone have any recomendations? or know what satalites you can pick up?

Offline haluk

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 16:38:58 PM »
to save hassle of having to get your card coded every so often I reckon digiturk is the best by far. Hispasat used to be good but again you have to keep updating the codes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf