Author Topic: RESIDENCY PERMITS - 2006  (Read 11552 times)

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
RESIDENCY PERMITS - 2006
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2006, 19:58:17 PM »
Haluk
Do you have the rates for Americans?
I thought Sophie couldn't possibly be correct as a visitors visa was $100 2 years ago but went down to $20 - not much more than most of us pay.
Can you post a link to a website that gives the info. as we've been unable to find a site that gives American rates.
\thanks
Linda & Carl

Offline SophieEd

RESIDENCY PERMITS - 2006
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 12:51:52 PM »
Hi all,
This probably won't come out too well but I'll try. I have copied and pasted an insert from a Bodrum paper similar to Land of Lights. As you can see the info was supplied by Bodrum Passport Police. I picked the paper up from the British Consulate in January. It is possible that the info regarding US citizens is wrong but as you can see this is where I got it from.

Sophie

UPDATE ON RESIDENCE FEES 2006
In accordance with the principle of 'reciprocal rights' residence fees vary with respect to the
applicant's nationality. Fees have gone up about ten per cent compared to last year's rates. The price
for the residence booklet is now 70 YTL.

The rates for 2006 as provided by Bodrum passport police:

Period                Germany         Austria        Belgium+Italy    Netherlands     Other countries
1 year                 266                  75 €              12 €                     4256                456.40 YTL(285€)
2 years                50 €                  147 €            24 €                     845 €                894.40 YTL (5606)
3 years                74 €                 219 €            36 €                     1265€               1332.40 YTL (832€)
5years                122€                363 €            60€                     21056              2208.40 YTL (13806)
American citizens pay no fee at all.

,^_                ^ — ^     _^     i — ( —  \   -1     '

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
RESIDENCY PERMITS - 2006
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 13:00:59 PM »
Sophie
Thanks for that - somehow I think they have it wrong as for visas (the 3 month type) Americans used to pay lots. Be a change for the old man to get in for free.

Why don't you post the link to the Bodrum paper? I'm sure lots of us on here would be interested.

Linda

Offline haluk

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2006, 14:22:32 PM »
Americans pay full rates lile the Brits do as of last Thursday and that was according to the main Emniyet muduru in Ankara.

Offline SophieEd

RESIDENCY PERMITS - 2006
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2006, 14:51:19 PM »
Linda,
I'm told that the Bodrum Observer in it's current form has yet to go online. As soon as it does I will post the link for it.

Sophie

Offline ausgal

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 08:59:40 AM »
Why on earth doese most people use Asley and pay her fee?? she sends other people out to do most jobs for her anyway.
It's only a matter of going to the passport police first, get directions, take it from there. Yes they can speak English, or ASK for help from English who have done it themselves, put a FREE advert in the land of Lights and ask for help, you will get it, There are a lot of us who do not like to see people ripped off. Ok I am on my soap box. Ausgal

Offline tel

RESIDENCY PERMITS - 2006
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 12:45:12 PM »
So just how much does she charge?
I believe their is quite a bit of leg work and duplicate forms to fill in. Depends I guess on the saving and if you want to learn the system.
Tel

Offline wickwilly

RESIDENCY PERMITS - 2006
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 20:05:19 PM »
I think that most people get help from Asli and other agents is that it saves the hassle. Firstly you have to get your photo taken (6 I think) and then you proceed to the port police where you have to complete a form(3 I think). Then you have to go to the tax office and pay your fee and retain the receipt. Then you have to go to the normal police office in the town and show your passport. They will do a check to make sure you have been a good boy in Turkey. Then you have to go to the post office and pay the postage fee for the police to send your passport to Mugla.Then you need to get a copy of your passport validated by the Notary then you take all these documents and passport to the port police who will retain them all and send them to Mugla. Then you can sit back and wait for 8 or 10 weeks before you receive your residence permit. Currently YTL 2208 for 5 years. After 5 years you could save all this aggro by applying for Turkish Nationality. Only costs 80 YTL for the medicals.!!!Oh and I forgot you also need evidence of savings and accommodation for the residency. The list just goes on!!

WW
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 21:33:06 PM by wickwilly »

Offline tel

RESIDENCY PERMITS - 2006
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2006, 21:16:01 PM »
That's exactly why I mentioned it, as I had heard it's quite a process my friend.
The other question of course is how much do agents charge for the service?
Tel

Offline apollo

RESIDENCY PERMITS - 2006
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2006, 21:34:00 PM »
What is the problem? It only takes a day out of your busy lives.
Yet another reason for the Turks to believe that the Brits are money boxes on legs!

I am told that  your passport is not now taken away from you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf