Author Topic: Vinn wifi  (Read 37428 times)

Offline Marggie

Re: Vinn wifi
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2014, 10:47:41 AM »
The new ones are in colour, mine is old and in black and white, the battery flashing is either needing charge or charged, when charging it is same as a phone the battery bar goes up and down.
to access the info you need re the data used etc.  In your browser window type 192.168.1.1  (whilst your mifi is switched on) this will take you to the login screen type admin and password admin choose English. 

This is the YouTube video instructions, the best one that I could find, it is for 3store but exactly the same as Tukrcell (Get past openingoif the box, that bit is for Highlander    ;)  ) the screen maybe a little different but I am sure you will be able to geet the gist of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtoVjsobkP0

This post from Loz tells you how to check your usage.

Offline charlste

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2014, 08:48:35 AM »
Ian.was that correct 125tl and if so where did you get it?.Thanks

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2014, 09:14:09 AM »
The bigger of the Turkcell shops by the Otogar I bought mine for 125TL. I got him to get it working for me also, ie put in the sim and get my phone logged on to it.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2014, 09:31:23 AM »
The bigger of the Turkcell shops by the Otogar I bought mine for 125TL. I got him to get it working for me also, ie put in the sim and get my phone logged on to it.

Spot 0n - the shop with th blue and yellow signage as they are owned by Turkcell and are not an agent (who will charge you more - my local shop asked for 175 lira).

Also remember we/I had a dongle with a sim that had 5gb left on it so I did not have to pay for a sim or data and it worked straight away.

The usage is a pain for me - even going into the control page you can only set what you have on a monthly basis (from a set date like a standing order) which is not easy for a 3 month data deal that I use and it counts down and tells you what you have used and even then not as well as the dongle did BUT most annoyingly I cannot see that in my tablet (on the control page) so  have to set up the netbook to check it.

The "wifi zone" is the same as my connectify software i.e will connect on the same level but if I go upstairs and I don't take it with me the signal drops off so don't believe "all over the site and to the bar down the road!" on the plus side it is easier to have this plugged in all day and not have to fire up the netbook to connect - it is slightly quicker then the dongle and it is portable - so overall worth it :-)

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2014, 17:51:26 PM »
has anyone tried playing online games with this? I play world of warcraft quiet a lot but pay 75 lira a month for broadband router and phone. don't need the phone but turkcell said I had to have it for the router (cant see why as 2 separate phone numbers). If this does work for game it would be worth me cancelling what I have and invest in this instead, but it would depend on the speed

Offline RobTT

• Newly Registered
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2014, 11:09:27 AM »
Went into the Turkcell shop mentioned yesterday (dogus) and they told me I could not have one as I could not have a contract because I wasn't a Turk. Ask about top up but she said that wasn't possible either. Don't know if they have changed the rules.

Offline dycedon

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2014, 16:13:08 PM »
We got one a couple of days ago at the turkcell shop on the one way road coming from the finans bank area,it's next door to the Vodafone shop, prices were, VINN 200tl, SIM card for which you need your passport 39tl and4gb top up 39 to, all in 278 to, great piece of kit we have 3 phones and two tablets hooked up to it, normal price for a 1 gob top up is 29 to, the more you top up the cheaper it is, well pleased with it and you can take it anywhere you go.

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2014, 02:14:44 AM »
Worth it's  weight in gold,would not be without it.

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2014, 19:48:31 PM »
went in today to the one on the one way bit in Fethiye just up from Mulberry on opposite side. was told it was 350tl but they were only selling to Turkish as did not have a big supply unless I order one and she will call when it becomes available?

Offline Marggie

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2014, 07:58:55 AM »
Well guess you won't be going back there.  Take your business somewhere else.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf