Author Topic: Electric combi boiler  (Read 3020 times)

Offline Honey Bee

Electric combi boiler
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 12:18:18 PM »
Hi all,

Can anyone advise what fuel / boiler is cheapest to run up in the mountains of Uzumlu?

Villa being built and looking for best option.

We will be using it for holiday home but will stay over in winter months but will be moving in full time in the end!:D Advise all ready taken for insulation etc (floor, walls and roof)

Open wood burning fire and Air Con with heater function in place.

Thanks

Colin

Offline Firo

Electric combi boiler
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 15:19:31 PM »
Forget the open fire totally usless unless you are 2ft in front of it.
If we were building again, and yes we live in Uzumlu,I would have a Log burner connected to a back boiler which heats water and central heating. You are going to burn wood anyway and that way it works your heating as well.They are selling UK log burners & heating systems in Fethiye for the first time this year.
Any other like gas and diesel is much more expensive to run.
Have your house built with Ytong insulating bricks as the pot blocks they use generally have no insulation what so ever. If using pot blocks then insist on a double wall with insulation in between.
Make sure you have doors fitted on open plan areas that can be closed off in the winter. Open plan is great in summer but a nightmare in winter.
We live up in those mountains and it's bl**dy cold and damp here in Winter so the above should help you have a nice cosy home in the winter which is not too expensive to run.
The aditional costs of proper insulation are well worth it in heating running costs in the long term if you are planning to settle here eventually.:D
Today when we left sunny Fethiye it was 18 degrees, 15 mins later in Uzumlu rain and it is 14 degrees  :o
Hope that helps
Fi

Offline Honey Bee

Electric combi boiler
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 22:17:25 PM »
Cheers.

I will bring my big pants ;)

Offline wickwilly

Electric combi boiler
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2009, 17:02:37 PM »
I too live in Uzumlu and fully endorse Fi's suggestions.

WW

Offline Old Daffodil

Electric combi boiler
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 18:24:26 PM »
We find that LPG gas for the central heating and all cooking works out well for us. There is a tank installed under the garden which a tanker fills every couple of years. We have the heating on a timer which heats the house for the early morning and then switch on when needed.If the sun has not been strong enough to heat the water on solar power we use an immersion . Smaller room areas during the winter is a good idea too.I think that Uzumlu is colder than Ovacik though as it is a lot higher up.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 18:35:55 PM by Daffodil »

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Electric combi boiler
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 21:26:32 PM »
Honey Bee if you are having a property built I would suggest you looked at insulation. Properties built in the Fethiye area have very little or no insulation.Not only can modern insulation be used to trap heat in the winter but also to keep a place cooler in the summer.

Offline Honey Bee

Electric combi boiler
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 22:26:49 PM »
Thanks for advice.

Offline grahamturner09

Electric combi boiler
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 22:54:29 PM »
The green option and the cheapest to run would be an air source heat pump expensive to install but cheap to run

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf