Author Topic: Refugees found dead in truck  (Read 12219 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Refugees found dead in truck
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2015, 12:39:02 PM »
Why would any of the refugees want to go to Saudi Arabia ? They're financing ISIS !

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2015, 12:45:17 PM »
Not the only country financing ISIS either...

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2015, 13:17:18 PM »
Why would any of the refugees want to go to Saudi Arabia ?

I think the question is more why haven't Saudi Arabia taken in more refugees?  Figures quoted by their UNHCR representative state that SA has allowed over half a million refugees to enter their kingdom has to be taken with a rather large pinch of salt.     

In fact, the number of refugees taken in by all of the rich gulf states (Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain etc) could probably fit in a (large) dolmus.  The Kuwaitis especially appear to having short fecking memories...

JF

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2015, 13:30:30 PM »

Offline Menthol

« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2015, 10:24:05 AM »
So much for all Muslims being brothers and sisters of Islam.

"The greatest way to live with honour in this world is to be what we pretend to be", Socrates.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2015, 10:02:52 AM »
So the weekend brings news of a further 34 people killed crossing the sea from Turkey to Greece.  Even sadder news was that this sad list included  10 children and 4 babies. I've said it before and I'll say it again, why are these stupid parents being allowed to risk the lives of these innocents?  Some may not like it but if they have survived the parents should at the very least be charged with manslaughter, along with murder charges for those criminal people traffickers that these parents have paid to get them across.

And do not get me started on the bar***rds, both political and non political, who support - no encourage - this life threatening behaviour, waving their 'refugees' (please read economic migrants) welcome here' banners, without regard for the consequences either for the 'migrants' themselves or their own people who will have to deal with the problems handling such numbers in a short time period will bring. >:( >:(

Having said that it looks like the 'big hearted' Austrians and Germans are back peddling on their commitments on their migrants welcome statements of last week, by closing borders etc.  Probably because in the last week someone has been explaining to the German political class how difficult and expensive this will be for Germany/Austria (soon to be Sweden as well methinks) to deliver on.  Angela M is set to start to bully and crack the big German economic whip amongst other Euro leaders for them to 'take their share'..... much like she did with Greece...even I am beginning to see the dangers of a German dominated EU.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2015, 10:13:34 AM »
Apparently France has suspended their Honorary Consul in Bodrum after she was exposed as a supplier of rafts and rubber dinghys to refugees / migrants.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2015, 11:43:19 AM »

Yes.  Her defence was " Well if I didn't sell them the dinghy's and life jackets someone else would have, "

Makes you wonder what else she has done in her " Embassy " role to earn a quick buck.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2015, 11:39:03 AM »
Still the mass migration madness continues.  Yesterday, off the Turkish coast, in one incident 22 people were drowned including another four innocent children, and in another incident 2 people were drowned.  Never mind what is also happening off the coasts Libya, Tunisia and Morroco as people try to break their way into Europe.

Am I the only person on CBF outraged by this madness? deaths of innocent children and desperate adults and the political, social and economic problems being caused in Europe as a result?  Where are the advocates now of the throw open the doors and all are welcome? Did they not see this coming and getting worst as they encouraged this dangerous behaviour?  Well come on speak up!  Or are you now going quiet on the whole thing or back peddling now as fast as some of the former advocates from the European political classes?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2015, 12:08:59 PM »
Am I the only person on CBF outraged by this madness?

No.  Nor are you (I hope) the only one saddened by it at the same time.

Where are the advocates now of the throw open the doors and all are welcome?

I'm not sure anyone here has suggested that we throw open the doors.  What is needed, as Nichola said a few posts earlier, is a solution. 

I don't think anyone can disagree over the culpability of the UK, US and other western nations in respect of how they picked and chose various regimes to support depending on which way the wind blew - or the price of oil went.  As a result we now have parts of the middle east and north Africa in turmoil and a lot of folks deciding that the (human) cost of fleeing is lesser to remaining. 

Whether that solution starts with the countries folks are fleeing from, or somewhere else, one has to be found.  Maybe try to show folks that the west isn't the garden of roses many portray it as - I don't know the answer.

I tried to embed this video, but the beeb wont let me for some reason.  It's one young Syrian mans take on being a refugee in Sweden.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-33975008

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf