Author Topic: Scumbag pleads for help - Brian James.  (Read 18879 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Scumbag pleads for help - Brian James.
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2017, 23:48:15 PM »
Well that is just terrible that this woman is allowing him to beg for money, knowing what he has done.
She should realise that there will be no credibility given to anyone advertising for donations on that site in future.  I certainly would not be donating or taking her pages seriously.

Offline davybill

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2017, 06:45:58 AM »
He was allowed out of prison for short times then he had to return!

Offline kaptainkrunchie

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2017, 06:52:58 AM »
I reported the page as this is lies and another con to get money. I needn't have wasted my time - here is the response:

" Helen (JustGiving Help)

Mar 10, 17:49 GMT
Hi Keith,

Thanks for getting in touch.

JustGiving Crowdfunding allows people to raise money and donate to a cause they care about online. To look out for our users, we run an electronic ID check on each page owner before the funds are transferred. This is to verify that they’re exactly who they say they are. We also hold their full name and address.

We do have some Crowdfunding page guidelines which were set up to protect users of our Crowdfunding platform - you can read them here: https://help.justgiving.com/hc/en-us/articles/202895531-Page-Guidelines-if-you-re-Crowdfunding-.

Anyone setting up a Crowdfunding page will need to adhere to these guidelines and our terms of service, as well as meet our identification requirements.

It is a very rare occasion that we choose to remove a page as we do not feel that it is the place of JustGiving to determine which causes people would like to donate to - I do hope you can understand this. Like many social websites around today, in general we do not intervene with who can use our website to raise funds or donate – it is up to those in the community to decide what they feel is a worthwhile cause that they can place their trust in.

Thanks again for taking the time to put your concerns into writing.

Thanks, Helen
JustGiving Support"

Page gone!!!!!

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2017, 07:55:41 AM »
Still there when I look

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2017, 08:25:54 AM »
I suspect it may have been temporarily disabled while being reviewed due to Keith reporting it as inappropriate.

As long as the comments are still visible he can keep it going till he rots.

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2017, 09:18:49 AM »
I thought it had been taken down too but sadly not. On closer investigation there is/was a problem with the site - all of them could not be found.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2017, 09:44:12 AM »
Distasteful as his whinging, self pitying attempt to con money out of those who don't know him is, part of me is glad they didn't remove it.

Two reasons.

We complain about the crackdowns on freedom of expression in Turkey, yet by wanting the page removed we are acting in a similar fashion - albeit from a moral rather than authoritarian perspective.

The second reason is somewhat more vicarious  :) the longer its still there, and the longer it goes without so much a dried up dog turd being donated, then the longer this individual stays locked up.  Inspector can correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it if the fine isn't paid the person stays in prison.

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2017, 09:45:56 AM »
How many dried up dog turds would be needed?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2017, 09:49:04 AM »
I don't know.  Mind you its funny, you don't see as many of those kinda white coloured crumbly ones these days as I remember when I was wee.

Climate change maybe, or do folks feed their dugs more roughage then they did all those years ago?

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2017, 09:54:49 AM »
And houses on fire, you hardly ever see those nowadays.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf