Author Topic: Whats it like in Deliktas  (Read 2694 times)

Offline baklavalover

« on: February 29, 2008, 15:42:55 PM »
Hi to all you residents of Deliktas....I hope you can give me some insight into what it's like living up there. We have lived in Fethiye for 8 years and I was amazed when we went up there for the first time. We have seen an apartment we love and it's up at the back of Deliktas.  Quite close to a big hole in the middle of the road.....,  Anyway, I remember a few years back someone telling me that there was always a problem with water and electric up there and of course now there are so many more buildings.  Is that still a problem?  It seems a nice quiet area, apart from the building work.  Any comments, neg ative or positive really appreciated

Offline amanda bullock

Whats it like in Deliktas
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 17:33:15 PM »
we have a place in Deliktas. Only had occasional water or electric cut offs.Classed as normal from all accounts.very handy place to be.25 mins walk into Fethiye harbour.15 mins on Dolmus into olu deniz.couple of local bars and rests.locals very friendly.Small but well stocked supermarket in central area.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 09:54:41 AM »
Two years ago the area was a bit of a mess with building work, dust, noise, no roads or dolmus. Now it is much better and with the roads and Dolmus running starting to get quite up-market. We are in Forest Hills and the dolmus now runs up there too. Cooler than the hotter Fethiye centre in the summer and as amanda says very close to all main dolmus routes.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 10:56:40 AM »
We don't live there but we do own a place there and we are very happy with the location. Nice and quiet but easy to get to the action when you want to. Yet to see the improvements with the roads and the lesser spotted dolmus but it can only have improved the place.

Offline amanda bullock

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 12:05:59 PM »
lol

Offline sporran

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 12:30:46 PM »
We have an apartment which is just behind the Green Valley complex. We love it and there have been a lot of improvements with the roads etc. We try to come over 2-3 times a year. Our water also seems to be much better and I dont think there is as many power cuts as before. Not tried the new dolmus service yet but that should make a huge difference.

Offline chewyturk

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 12:21:43 PM »
We're just in front of Green Valley and we love it here.
Occasional water and electric problems but no more than anywhere else. Very peaceful, and only 5 minutes walk to main road for olu deniz dolmus. Fethiye dolmus just across the road and taxis on the horizon (see my Taxi thread)

Offline baklavalover

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 12:40:12 PM »
Thanks for your answers - yes I think the negative impression I had was formed a few years back.  We both have cars so don't need the dolly, thank God ! I was impressed by the standard of the buildings there - so much better than places we saw in Calis. Mind you, there is so much choice out there for new builds, its really hard to make a decision !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf