Author Topic: Changes to MOT system?  (Read 3711 times)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Changes to MOT system?
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 15:06:35 PM »
Maybe they improvise, like they do with their driving.

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
Changes to MOT system?
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 21:47:11 PM »
back to thread, i checked, apparently you do need a form from the tax office stating your vehicle tax is up to date, thinking back i put my form in with the other papers in my blue book, the visa office must have seen it when he went through the paperwork.

Offline apollo

Changes to MOT system?
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 05:35:28 AM »
I went for the MOT yesterday and I had not been to the tax office for the debt free declaration. I was not asked for it. Maybe it was an oversight on their part.

Apart from the long wait it was not a bad experience everyone was relaxed and very friendly. The test is infinitley better than the old system and should see a gradual improvement to the road-worthiness of the vehicles on the road. Tyre tread depth is included in the test.

My report even mentions damaged rubber boot on one of the joints and small engine oil leaks.

With 440,000 kms on the clock I was a bit apprehensive. Everything was ok apart from the number of seats the documents read 9 but there are 12 seats (something on the documents I have never checked). So I have taken three seats and go for the re-test this morning and put the seats back in later today.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf