Author Topic: fed ex deliveries  (Read 2065 times)

Offline crystalgirl

« on: May 01, 2009, 19:29:36 PM »
I have a parcel coming with fed express, which is ok, I have used them a lot in the pass, but I have just read customs charge on anything over a 100 dollars-ummmm my item is just over 100 dollars, so I think I shall be charged 18 percent extra!  But my question is this, does the item go to customs, or will the cargo company still deliver, but wont hand over the item until I pay the extra tax???  I know anything in the post goes to customs.  Its not the paying the tax thats worries me, its the going to Customs that does, half the time the right bloke isnt there, and they ask you lots of weird  questions!!  Crazy isnt it!!!  Just wondered if anyone had any experiences with the cargo companies, I know all about the mail!!
thanks

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
fed ex deliveries
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 19:36:45 PM »
Think you will find that the Customs will hold it and you will have to pay a fee to release it.  The Carriers don't get involved in that.
I have a web shop and know that some things get under the wire, but if the Customs (in any country) get a hold of a parcel, they want their pound of flesh. Also, they are at liberty to open the parcel and check the contents against the customs label on the side.  This can lead to problems as most customs guys cannot re-pack, and sometimes cannot count!!!
Best Of Luck.
Jacqui.

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
fed ex deliveries
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 08:04:04 AM »
I have read somewhere that goods received in Turkey within so many days of Bayram, ( we have had a childrens bayram recently) allow the price of the goods to be up to £300 before import tax is liable.It maybe in the turkey gov site or even in here if you have a look in the search link. or even in the Merhaba forum,sorry I cant be more specific.

Offline kevin b

fed ex deliveries
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 09:50:15 AM »
Gifts not exceeding 300 euros in value and not for trading purposes may be brought into the country duty free. Gifts of up to 100 euros in value may be sent by post. If the date stamped on the package by the sending post office falls one month before or one month after an official holiday, like Bayram, Christmas or New Year, this can be 300 euros.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf