Author Topic: creche nursery advice for my 4 year old  (Read 4460 times)

Offline crystalgirl

« on: January 08, 2010, 08:21:35 AM »
My daughter will be 5 in June, and I really dont know what the system is for schooling-I believe she will start proper school in sept 2011.  Her cousin is 9 months older and started nursery in sept, they have to pay 200 lira a month for this-money which we cannot afford all year round, but she needs to mix with some turkish speaking kids to pick up the lingo!  
My idea was summer time to send her to creche, or something like this just for the mornings, starting with a couple of mornings a week and increasing up to 5 mornings.  my cousin is in nursery from 8 till 5, this I do not want at her age, plus they sleep for a couple of hours in the afternoon, an this not part of her normal routine, and I do not want to reintroduce this to her!!!  Mornings is enough, and I am thinking of working for my husbands uncle just in the mornings, and use the money from this to pay for her creche visits.
If anyone could recommend somewhere she could go and mix with english and turkish kids in the mornings I would be really delighted, I would have sent her to the magical garden, but I know Wendy has returned to the UK, this woul have been perfect for me.
Thanks x

Offline Old Daffodil

creche nursery advice for my 4 year old
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 08:52:07 AM »
There is a creche called Little Peoples Place in the valley at Ovacik I do not know a lot about it but can walk past and find out the phone number for you if you want me to.  The creche is in a big house but has a very large garden with playthings in it.

Offline ovaciksarah

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 10:23:02 AM »
Di, who owns the creche does a wonderful job with the children, if you want any information I can pass it on to her.

Offline crystalgirl

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 10:41:03 AM »
Can you give me directions to this place???  So is the one in Ovcik english run-I am guessing must be if she is called Di?  I need as much info as poss-such as how much per morning etc. Thanksx

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 12:20:53 PM »
If you drive up the hill from Fethiye and turn first right BEFORE you enter the village,where the Jandarma stop the traffic for checks.Then follow the little lane until you reach the Yakamoz Hotel(one storey building behind a white stone wall) on the left and turn left there. Be careful as the road dips down.It is just up there on the right opposite a big yellow house/apartments. There is a sign outside and it is obviously a creche as you will see the play equipment.

I have emailed you the phone number. :)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 16:54:33 PM by Daffodil »

Offline minimoo

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 14:34:10 PM »
Yes the creche is run by an English lady, and has a mix of turkish and english staff. My son has been going for the last 2 years and loves it. Very popular up here.  If you want the phone number you can pm me. At the moment, due to it being winter, and less children are at creche, they are only open Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, but once the season is up and running again, they will be open monday to Friday 8 am - 6 pm. The fees are not extortionate either. A word of warning though, if you want to put your daughter in, do so quickly as the creche fills up very fast.

Offline Harmless

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 14:44:44 PM »
If you prefer a creche in Fethiye, the Nazar Boncugum Kres. It is brilliant, my grand daughter goes there in the mornings and is picking up the Turkish language beautifully, the do some basic teaching for the children, there is a dance class once a week and they hold lots of special days.
It is between the tax office and Tansas.

Offline lisa marie xx

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 21:39:03 PM »
My son goes to Kucuk Adimlar( little steps) its on the roundabout near Aydin Pide in Calis.. it is a lovely nursery although it is smaller than the other nurseries in Fethiye. They do all sorts of educational activities and the children always seem to be happy there!
Cyrstal girl if u dont want ur child to sleep then tell them! My son neva sleeps during the day, they just do extra activities with him whilst the others are sleeping!

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 13:35:54 PM »
Hi there

bumped into Di in Migros the other day.

Website

http://www.littlepeoplesplace.org.uk/

8.30am to 5pm (winter opening)

5 half days including lunch 285tl

3 full days 325tl

Offline crystalgirl

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 05:25:43 AM »
Thank you for that-but there is no way I can afford that, my hubbie works in tourism, so just works the summer months,  but thanks so much for asking.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf