Author Topic: Rule changes Importing Household Goods?  (Read 2215 times)

Offline corbindallas

Rule changes Importing Household Goods?
« on: July 26, 2010, 14:57:58 PM »
Anyone someone please help, I have my goods arriving in Turkey this week and have just been told that I need to leave the country and get my passport stamped as I have been in Turkey longer than a month, I am just under 2 months since my last entry. I have also been told I need to pay extra tax's as I have been in Turkey more than 180 days in the last 2 years. Where are these new rule changes coming from as the Turkish customs web site has no info on it and everything I can find has no mention of above, far from it is states 2 months before last entry stamp. Anyone else know about these rules??[?]

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 19:12:24 PM »
Who told you?

Offline corbindallas

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 19:25:34 PM »
A member of staff from Soyer International Removers in Izmir.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 19:54:09 PM »
There are some experiences here: {A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}32289

Offline mavigoz

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 13:07:12 PM »
When we moved here some years ago, we used DOlphin removals in the UK and Soyer were their agent here.
They were very good.
Of course we had to have residency but we had that and just went to Izmir to the customes with the agent, paid duty on some goods and then the whole lot was delivered to us in Fethiye 2 days later.
Make sure you know what documents you need to take to Izmir with you and also check which currency the duty has to be paid in.
Its cash only, no card payment.
Good luck

Offline corbindallas

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 15:36:05 PM »
Thanks for your response mavigoz, I understand a post was put on previously where the lady in question dealt with Soyer and was given the same advice to leave the country as she had been here more than a month, my removal company Doree Bonner cannot confirm at present whether the advice of their agent is correct on this regulation change, my question is just because Soyer states you have to leave the country if you have been in it more than a month to get a new stamp in your passport to be able to collect your goods is this correct and legislated and if so where can one see this info as everything I have seen does not confirm this, including FIDI custom regulations guidlines for Turkey. Could it be that the lady in Soyers office is giving out incorrect information at great cost in time and money to the customer? Someone else needs to know the rules other than the agents!I have spoken to translators who help in these matters who are unaware my transportation company who are likewise and searched the web and still can't find any reference to this, is she getting confused with the new visa?? Is it made up?? Or is it in fact a new rule which makes life even more difficult for ex pats trying to make a life here?? Next thing will be if the Meis trips are no longer running how one is expected to get a new stamp without flying out of Dalaman, if this is correct.[:(!]

Offline Firo

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 15:59:57 PM »
Contact Koray Atak and he will find out for you
Pm me for his number

Offline starman™

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 16:03:37 PM »
does the shipper have a residence? If they had a residence then there should be no need for this. I have not heard of this before and I used to work for Soyers competitor (still do but in totally different sector).
There are plenty of other POEs other then Meis nearby. Marmaris Rhodes being one to name amongst many.

Offline corbindallas

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 18:04:09 PM »
Had already been to Koray and he didn't know Fi and he only called Soyer who where the source of this in the first place, wasn't that impressed as he did not have either the up to date FIDI guide or the previous one from Nov 2009, especially when he offers this as a service side you would have thought he would have this at the least. I have now been told FIDI updated their custom guides in July 2010 and the new rule change is owners of goods must have their goods shipped within a month of the owners last entry stamp, not sure why they are making it so narrow a window especially as you need residents permits as well, but hey this is Turkey. Starman this was confirmed by Doree Bonner as well and been operated since the start of the year apparently!?

Offline starman™

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 05:26:12 AM »
ok then. As I said I am not in the sector and havent been for a long time so not upto date with new customs rulings.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf