Author Topic: Gambling  (Read 2092 times)

Offline corbindallas

Gambling
« on: September 29, 2010, 12:21:11 PM »
Does anyone know if Turkey is part of the Euro Millions participation countries. I just checked and can purchase tickets on line from National Lottery but am not sure if it's legal? I know Turkey has lots of different Lotteries themselves but wanted to know if they allow Euro Million purchase online from here??Though I may give the 87 million jackpot a go, you never know! ;)

Offline yabanci

Gambling
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 14:07:55 PM »
The National Lottery will not let you purchase tickets in Turkey.The countries that participate in the Euromillions Lottery are France,Spain,UK and Ireland,Austria,Belgium,Luxembourg,Portugal and Switzerland.

Offline corbindallas

Gambling
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 14:53:35 PM »
Thanks will seek another route to enter then. 8)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Gambling
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 00:22:56 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by yabanci

The National Lottery will not let you purchase tickets in Turkey.The countries that participate in the Euromillions Lottery are France,Spain,UK and Ireland,Austria,Belgium,Luxembourg,Portugal and Switzerland.

Then it must have changed cos a couple of years ago I entered the Euro Lottery whislt here in Calis and won the grand sum of £9.60 between six of us:D The winnings appeared in my lottery account no problem:D

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Gambling
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 05:32:25 AM »
Yes it has .......Try to log on to the National Lottery site now and a warning comes up saying you are in an area where you are not allowed to enter :)

Offline yabanci

Gambling
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 10:06:10 AM »
Brian is right,for about a year now if you try to purchase a ticket in Turkey you get the warning "We think you're outside of the UK".

Offline corbindallas

Gambling
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 11:13:39 AM »
I posted this because the web site has changed and does not give you a warning anymore, it states you can purchase if your in a country that allows participation gambling, I actually brought tickets, but saw that if the country your in at time of puchase prohibits the purchase you will not get any winnings. I contacted Camelot and they have refunded my ticket purchase as Turkey is not a participating country. It used to be easy as stated it just barred access according to your IP code but now you can go straight through and purchase. Can you imagine winning big and being told your ticket is invalid! I think Camelot are being crafty by making it easy to fall into this trap. Buyers beware!:(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf