Author Topic: Fethiye to Izmir  (Read 1891 times)

Offline Adam Henry

Fethiye to Izmir
« on: May 30, 2011, 21:06:27 PM »
Hi

Has anybody driven from Fethiye to Izmir?   Possibly looking to make the trip to Ikea etc in the summer.

Not sure what the route is, can anybody point me in the right direction and is the journey straight forward?

;)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Fethiye to Izmir
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 22:07:39 PM »
Yes its very easy. If you look under the search facility I think there are directions on there. We drive through Dalaman past Mugla past Aydin and it is well signposted from there on the motorway. You will have to pay a toll at the end of your journey. Last year it was 2TL.

Offline lissa

Fethiye to Izmir
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 22:30:01 PM »
Takes around 3 and half to 4 hours, depending on part of city you are going to. But think they have introduced a new system for tolls - have to buy a card and scan it each time you go through. Office just before toll to buy the card from. If you go though the open lane and havent paid, you will hear a beep, which means you will be fined!
The road from Fethiye to Dalaman, onto to Mugla, then onto Izmir is being greatly improved so all journeys in the not too distant future will be reduced.

Offline Old Daffodil

Fethiye to Izmir
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 23:32:54 PM »
Leave Fethiye on the D400 road back to Dalaman and go past Dalaman towards Mugla.
Just past a village called Kizilyaka branch right up to Mugla, on the 550 road. At Mugla carry on towards Aydin,still on the 550. At Aydin you can pick up a very good toll road to Izmir and it costs about two and a half lira as far as I know. Head towards Bornova for Ikea once you approach Izmir. The numbers of the roads are on the road signs.I have driven this route and it is fine but I avoid driving at night if possible.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 23:41:03 PM by Daffodil »

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Fethiye to Izmir
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 18:25:08 PM »
Turn first left off the motorway at Bornova and NOT right as I did last year. I ended up paying a taxi driver to follow him as it was a nightmare on the one way system.lol. x

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf