Author Topic: The dilemma of the old street dogs  (Read 6576 times)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
The dilemma of the old street dogs
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011, 09:05:54 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by johnboy1967

Jenbo, you insulted the main person who would have given all his time and effort to help you without even finding out who he was... Noone here wants to see Rocky upset and we all hope you find a suitable home for him...

Hear-hear!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2011, 10:12:40 AM »
We heard this bit of 'breaking news' last week, I was told a new estate agent in Uzumlu didnt like the dog barking at night so made up a story to get the dog taken away, thats why I went to Emre to find out why it was picked up, it was him who told me there had been previous complaints about the dog and they knew him well, but if the Zabita bring a dog to them it has to stay locked up for ten days, that is a standard procedure.

I would like to point out that Animal Aid is a dedicated team of eight people who work tirelessly for the animals, I do not do it all alone,
and I would like to Thank all our supporters for all the praise, but we couldn't do it with out you!

anyways...just had a phone call, mummy and puppy abandoned go to fly....whooshhhhhhhhhhhhh

Offline Karabag

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2011, 11:35:26 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by jenbo

We have rescued him from Uzumlu but now desperately need to re-home him preferably in a secure environment with a large garden and caring owners. Please read Rocky's story in the Aegean Independant and the Land of Lights next week or contact me for details on CBF. This old ( but still fit) loyal dog deserves to live out his days safe, happy and well cared for.

If you have 'rescued' him as you say, you should be responsible and look after him yourself, I'm sure he won't mind living in a small garden as long as he is taken out for walks and gets regular meals! Dogs don't need large gardens they NEED responsible owners!

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2011, 12:58:36 PM »
What happened to the 3 dogs and 18 kittens that you rescued?

Offline jenbo

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2011, 17:36:57 PM »
Tinkerman....WRONG DOG! seems you been barking up the wrong tree! This dog lived in Calis! Sorry Rindaloo and Diverbax, Tinkerman did me the same disservice...he insulted me first by not taking on board my comments and then twice over by not even making sure we were in fact speaking about the same dog! You have all jumped to the wrong conclusions based on YOUR lack of research first! There was nothing wrong with his paw BEFORE he was illegally taken from my garden!!!!!
Mercury....I found them all good homes because I vetted them first not like the animal shelter.
Karabag...the street rescued him because he is OUR STREET DOG..and exactly why he won't remain in anyones garden because he has been on the STREET for so long...if you know anything about dog psychology he wants to be on HIS patch...he's a solitary dog and has only known this street all his life (after all is is over 100 yrs old in human yrs)therefore the only option open to us is to re-home far from his patch but with enclosed space. We know the Zabita won't let him roam free here anymore as we do appreciate his sheer size is the problem not his behaviour!
Rindaloo..Rocky's story is in next week's issue of the Aegean (the editor aproached me to write it)...and I expect an apology from the lot of you since it clearly appears none of you knew which dog you were talking about!

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2011, 18:07:11 PM »
biting me tongue.................................. and trying my best not to lock this topic altogether
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 18:08:30 PM by Anne »

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2011, 18:17:26 PM »
Anne, don't lock it. Jenbo is obviously heartbroken about this dog and all you pet owners and animal lovers will know how she feels. Maybe the points she makes are conflicting with other posters, but the different opinions on the forum, make it interseting. If we all agreed with each other, the forum would be very dull. There clearly is a conflict here, but it makes interesting reading. IMHO

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2011, 18:27:21 PM »
She needs to calm down and stop throwing accusations around Rosemary.
She'll get more help when she does.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2011, 18:27:52 PM »
As with any forum there will be differences of "opinion" but what we have here is the original statement lacking in "fact", it's that simple.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2011, 18:31:51 PM »
Not to her, it's not Supacabby, and Anne, I hope she does get help, because it's a long time since I've felt so much emotion in someone's posts, rightly or wrongly.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf