Author Topic: Zakkum  (Read 2923 times)

Offline amca

Zakkum
« on: October 02, 2012, 13:18:58 PM »
It seems that the Zakkum has a new owner.
It has always been a lovely autumn/winter afternoon spot.
Let's hope the food gets from the kitchen to the customer a little faster than has been since it opened many years ago.

Offline tonysue

Re: Zakkum
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 15:42:29 PM »
It was the same owner on sunday night, but with extra staff and a new chef. there is a music quiz tonight at 7.30 and kens quiz tomorrow at 8 then Andrew sings on saturday about 8.30 and every saturday night through out the winter.

Offline amca

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 19:20:57 PM »
It was the same owner on sunday night, but with extra staff and a new chef. there is a music quiz tonight at 7.30 and kens quiz tomorrow at 8 then Andrew sings on saturday about 8.30 and every saturday night through out the winter.

Trust me .... new owners who have said that the entertainments will continue as before and there is a return for an American waitperson, too.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 14:36:50 PM »
New owners can only be good for Zakkum, Don had lost the plot last time I was there. Always enjoyed the quiz nights & their signature chish n fips, hope that returns for my next trip too. Lastly, well done on the returnee Yank!

Offline amca

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 17:48:00 PM »
It seems that the Saturday live music session may be in doubt. Anyone going for that specific purpose should double check.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 18:30:01 PM »
I heard saturday night is off.

Offline BUBSMUM

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 18:44:39 PM »
New Owners? Well that can only be good news!

Offline tonysue

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 10:41:47 AM »

Trust me .... new owners who have said that the entertainments will continue as before and there is a return for an American waitperson, too.

So how quickly things change hey !!
The new owner Mustafa  says he want to keep things the same as to encourage the english customers so quizzes as usual, Andrew is still up for saturday nights throughout the winter but unsure of this saturday. will repost if anything definate.

Offline Andrew sings.....

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 01:03:27 AM »
Have agreed with Peri that me and Glen will perform on a Sunday night now NOT Saturday as previously arranged with Don.  Our first gig will be on November 25th as we are in the UK most of November and have other commitments in October/  We look forward to meeting and entertaining many new people in Zakkum over the winter period.  Andrew

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf