Author Topic: Two Dogs Shot by a Turk  (Read 4598 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Two Dogs Shot by a Turk
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 10:44:58 AM »

Because Turks think it's macho. Just the same as they do when they beat or kill their wives or daughters.

Maybe "some Turks" would have been more accurate KKOB.

Offline angela

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 11:23:48 AM »
agreed, as in some Brits etc, as well documented every day!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 11:51:41 AM »
Sorry, been reading the Daily Mail far too much just lately. Forgot about accuracy.  ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 11:53:22 AM »
Because some Turks think it's macho. Just the same as they do when they beat or kill their wives or daughters.

Offline cobbydalers

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 12:14:17 PM »
As I understand the situation yesterday, when two AA volunteers were contacted the incident had happened but they acted immediately upon being told and did all they could to help, sadly the dogs were already dead.  As AA volunteers ourselves we do what we can, when we can, where we can, sadly the outcome is not always what we would hope for. We are still awaiting news of the dog that ran away but I believe a search is ongoing. As Scunner says we are a charitable organisation our remit being a neuter and return scheme but we do our utmost to help any animal in a distressful situation.   

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 12:33:43 PM »
I doubt anyone could disagree about the cruelty and the shock of seeing such an event. Does anyone have any idea why he did it?

Offline SJK

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 14:47:20 PM »
I cycle frequently up that road to Uzumlu and have seen these dogs there before, noticed them probably three months ago. There are always dogs about but these looked like dogs which you see often with shepherds. The man can have been a shepherd, for all we know they may have attacked his livestock. Doesn't of course justify this sort of cold blooded murder

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2014, 15:31:35 PM »
like a lot of people I found this upsetting to read about. As visitors of some 25 years now it shouldnt suprise me. we have over the years witnessed many shocking incidents regarding animals but none like the one described. For instance we have been visiting long enough to remember the bear walking up and down the prom for tourists to have their pictures with, we have witnessed the bayram traditions first hand - the sheep/goat slaughtering , at least now they keep it away from the promenade and limit it to the village. We have seen chefs at barbeques 'brand' a dog for their own amusement. These along with many other cultural differences will always seem shocking to us. Someone told us once that people could hardly afford to feed themselves never mind animals and that Brits were an enigma to them in the way that we consider our animals as part of the family! This year for example one of the people on our complex was keeping a dog tethered outside all day and night. She fed it, walked it and made sure she moved it when the sun moved round to keep it in the shade, but it was tethered all the same. It really upset us but there was nothing we could say or do about it. As potty dog owners we couldnt understand why she even wanted a dog?

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 15:43:27 PM »
On the same road 2 weeks ago my daughter saw a cow tied up by its feet bring slaughtered. It really upset her.
Just surprises me its all happening on a main road like its just a normal thing to happen.
Maybe it is in their eyes but it's just not what we expect to see

Sent from my Discovery using Tapatalk

Offline angela

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 15:50:05 PM »
Very true, what does normal mean to anyone.  I kiss my dogs goodbye every time I leave the house, but I have colleagues who would chew razor blades rather than kiss a "filthy mutt"

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf