Author Topic: Ferry to Rhodes  (Read 5707 times)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Ferry to Rhodes
« on: September 26, 2017, 19:35:37 PM »
It's about time this machine was scrapped. In the last week I have had three different emails to say that the ferry is going,  is not going,  is going! We were booked on it tomorrow to have 3 days in Pefkos Rhodes and at 9:30 this evening I was informed by email that the  ferry was broken down and won't be running now. I am so angry because we also stands to lose the money for the hotel for cancelling at such a late time. Disappointed doesn't even cover it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Ferry to Rhodes
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 19:51:09 PM »
I bet they've cancelled it again becuase they haven't sold enough tickets, again.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 19:51:36 PM »
What a shame. Strange though, as neighbours went to Rhodes on both Monday & today. Earlier in the season, we had booked via Yesil Dalyan, which is the older & smaller hydrofoil, but when we reached the port, both here & in Rhodes, we had been transferred to the other larger hydrofoil.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 20:17:08 PM »
What a bummer - so sorry because we know how much you and Robin were looking forward to it. :( :( :(

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 20:24:53 PM »
I bet they've cancelled it again becuase they haven't sold enough tickets, again.
I did think that too KKOB. However we were talking to a couple of ecpats who did the trip last week and it broke down on the way back from Rhodes. It took  4 hours to sail back to Fethiye. Seems they have been having a lot of problems with it

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 20:26:30 PM »
What a shame. Strange though, as neighbours went to Rhodes on both Monday & today. Earlier in the season, we had booked via Yesil Dalyan, which is the older & smaller hydrofoil, but when we reached the port, both here & in Rhodes, we had been transferred to the other larger hydrofoil.
We've watched it going and coming on two different days when we were on the beach this week but coincidentally I didn't see it this morning

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 20:41:05 PM »
 Sorry to see your plans messed up Rosemary,good to see you and Robin last week  8)
  G&I

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 21:13:37 PM »
Sorry to see your plans messed up Rosemary,good to see you and Robin last week  8)
  G&I
Right back at ya! Thoroughly enjoyed both if you company x

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 22:22:32 PM »
How strange (not) this broke down and taken four hours to get back on EVERY trip we took to come back to Fethiye.. Everyone else we know as well.. The air-conditioning usually goes off and they run out of fuel half an from Fethiye and always takes over four hours to get back on what is promised to be a one and a half hour trip. We once arranged a hotel in Rhodes and to meet up with friends from the UK at the same hotel.. Two days before they told us that we would have to travel from Marmaris or cancel as other people who booked had higher priority bookings. grrrr we had to travel two days later which only left us with two days to spend with our friends.. My sympathies are with you Toky. 

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 06:37:43 AM »
How strange (not) this broke down and taken four hours to get back on EVERY trip we took to come back to Fethiye.. Everyone else we know as well.. The air-conditioning usually goes off and they run out of fuel half an from Fethiye and always takes over four hours to get back on what is promised to be a one and a half hour trip. We once arranged a hotel in Rhodes and to meet up with friends from the UK at the same hotel.. Two days before they told us that we would have to travel from Marmaris or cancel as other people who booked had higher priority bookings. grrrr we had to travel two days later which only left us with two days to spend with our friends.. My sympathies are with you Toky.
I've been sent this very interesting link. http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/kalkan-news/529954-turkish-ministry-of-transport-halts-yachts-and-passenger-ships-going-to-greece

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf