Author Topic: Mozaic Bahce  (Read 6104 times)

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
Mozaic Bahce
« on: June 15, 2018, 04:39:23 AM »
Visited last week with my first husband and four friends.
So disappointed.  This restaurant has always been a great favourite of ours, but...
We arrived early after an afternoon mooching round Fethiye - it was about 6.30pm. There were lots of empty tables.  We were all a bit hot and bothered, but weren’t offered a drink;  we had to call a waiter over.  From arrival to sipping our drinks took almost fifteen minutes.
We eventually ordered our food, delivery of which took over thirty minutes.
FH and I had a mince dish, served with mashed potato and rice with chickpeas.  It was really bland and fatty.  It tasted just like a deconstructed shepherds’ pie.  Our friends had chicken Shish and a mixed kebab, which they said was ok, but nothing special.
One off the list for us.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Mozaic Bahce
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 08:21:06 AM »
Will let you know as we will be there next week.

How many husbands do you have? ;-

“Visited last week with my first husband and four friends.”

Offline swindsor

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 08:27:34 AM »
That's disappointing to read.   We always made a point of visiting this restaurant every year but reading good reviews about other restaurants I think we will be trying new places this year. 

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 10:19:09 AM »
Whilst I always appreciate reviews I tend to find that they quite often differ to my experience.

For example we had a cracking fillet steak at the Nil Bar last night. The best by far this holiday. However I can guarantee someone will try it and be disappointed.

That’s the problem. Sometimes you hit a very good night and sometimes a poor one.

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 16:17:50 PM »
I call himself my first husband to keep him on his toes, which has worked fine for the last 48 years!!!
Restaurants rely very much on their chefs, who can and do change restaurants regularly;  what was an excellent place to eat one year can be awful the next.
No excuse for the slow service though.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 20:35:55 PM »
Well you can always find Dogan and Nichola down at their new place,paradise beach,in olu deniz..and with a sea view. 8) ;D sad to think that mosaic is not as good anymore, never had a bad meal there. Also used to eat my main course at other restaurants and still call in there for my walnut pancakes and a drink after.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 21:04:30 PM »
We had a similar experience - I'm sad to say - year before last. You can't deny that no Nichola and no Dogan makes a difference from the off, but it was more than that. Service was poor - waiters chatting and backs to the tables, they couldn't even see if people needed a drink etc. The new owners weren't in and maybe that showed.

When it (finally) came to ordering food, the waiter took the 3 ladies orders and went off, I called him back to ask him if he was happy with just 3 or whether he'd like to take my order too. No apology, just took the order and walked off again. It remained that way all night, desperately trying to grab someone's attention for a drink etc.

Mozaik Bahce was always one of our "must do" nights and always my first vote in the CBF Fethiye restaurant poll. Not now, we didn't even go there last year and there are plenty of new restaurants and old favourites to fill our evenings.

Offline marina

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 22:13:39 PM »
Our experience similar too Scunner. Went October last year one lunchtime and it wasn't busy, but service was poor. Waiters more interested in talking amongst themselves or to pals who strolled in. The food was still ok but it wasn't the pleasant experience we've had before there so we didn't bother going when we were back in Calis last month. They can't keep cashing in on Nichola and Dogans success without putting the effort in.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 08:02:10 AM »
To be fair we did have a similar problem getting served a few years back. It was early evening and was when Nichola and Dogan still owned the place. We were sat a good few minutes before getting acknowledged and offered a drink.

Staff appeared to prefer chatting to serving.

The food was worth the wait though - as it always has.

I stress it was before Nichola and Dogan arrived for the evening.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2018, 16:59:12 PM »
We went along with friends last week.  Service and food were spot on.
Loved the banter from the OTT gay waiter, he absolutely made our night

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf