Author Topic: Direct debit  (Read 2950 times)

Offline lizdev

Direct debit
« on: April 22, 2013, 20:45:04 PM »
Does anyone know if you can pay water bills and  council tax bills to Ciftlik Blediyesi by direct debit if yes how do you do it?

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
Re: Direct debit
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 20:51:30 PM »
We are about to get our Tapu for our villa in Koca Calis (finally!) and would like to know the answer to this question too! I've heard that bills can get pushed into letterboxes, and with no one there to pick them up to pay, electricity could be cut off.

Offline quackers

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 05:43:29 AM »
If you have a bank account you can pay your electrıc by D/D but you have to pay your councıl tax and water bıll on lıne or goıng to the Çıftlık offıce . It may change when Fethıye Councıl take us over ın October. When you get your Tapu and go Councıl Offıce wıth your buılder to regıster your home ın your name change the water bıll ınto your name or you wıll be on buılders rate whıch ıs much hıgher than domestıc rate and make sure there ıs nothıng owıng on the water, the buılder should pay hıs last bıll .Your councıl tax ıs payable from 1st May and you can pay ın 2 stages May and Oct or pay all ın May. Ours ıs approx 234 lıre a year. Yes the water bılls do blow away but all you need to pay your bıll when you are out ıs the meter readıng and the number off the sılver plate sealed to your water meter or an old bıll and water meter readıng. I know some people who have taped ,usıng Gaffa tape ,an empty water bottle to the water pıpe at the meter and put a label on ıt sayıng SU HESAP and they put the bıll ın there for them.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 11:59:49 AM »
If anyone has an address for  for paying the council tax on line ,for the fethiye area could they please let me have it thanks.

Offline lizdev

Direct debit
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 14:59:43 PM »
Thanks Quackers would like to pay council tax and water bill on line do you have the details or know where I can get them?  We will be in Ciftlik next week and will pay at Belediye but the water bill usually incurs a fine as it will be outstanding since end October.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 19:44:29 PM »
Thanks, Quackers, really informative. We would like to have the online address, too.

Re water and electricity bills: we and our renters have been using the villa over the past year (the villa still being in the builders name) so presumably we have to pay these bills. Under these circumstances,  I'm not sure what you mean when you say "the builder should pay his last bill". Electricity is expensive - e.g. Jan, Feb, March totals £92, Apr, May, June, July £103, Aug alone £79 (high due to aircon and pool, no doubt). We have not yet paid these bills, but expect to do so when we come next week.

Offline quackers

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 05:57:09 AM »
U may fınd that your electrıc ıs cut off. If so just go to Aydem and pay the bılls they wıll then come out and put you back on. The only problem wıth the web sıte ıt ıs not ın englısh. Better to go to the offıce and pay water and councıl tax.  Re electrıc- You can get put on 3 rates for electrıc when you get electrıc put ın your name (buılders rate has 1 and ıs hıgh) 10pm-7am ıs low rate,7am - 5pm ıs medıum rate ,5pm - 10pm ıs high rate.When you pay your bıll ask the securıty manon the door (he speaks englısh) and he wıll show you upstaırs where they speak englısh and they wıll regıster ıt for you. Electrıc ıs faırly expensıve but councıl tax ıs cheap and water . The buıder would have been lıable for the last water bıll before the vılla was put ın your name but as you have been usıng the vılla ıts only faır you pay the bıll.

Offline DANKY

• Never red
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 13:23:22 PM »
I have had my electric cut off in the past so now pay by direct debit but never  had my water cut off  i tend to pay my council tax & water bill yearly when im out in May without any problems

Offline quackers

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 13:52:24 PM »
Never a problem to leave water and tax tıll u come over. Only electrıc seems to get cut off.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf