Author Topic: A road ???????  (Read 12834 times)

Offline miaspyro

A road ???????
« on: May 17, 2007, 17:33:35 PM »
Its the early hours of the morning, all of a sudden the peace is shattered, a rumble, a crashing, shouting, running water :o.  Is it an alien, is it an earthquake, is it union jack Bridget's arriving. No it's the ROAD :o.  All Day long, they have been scrapping watering and steamrollering our poor little dirt tracks.  I am told by someone, who spoke to someone, who knows someone, who is married to the great niece of someone, that we are getting a proper road, and a dolmus this year, in fact this month:D:D:D.

I know it may all be a dream but, i have never seen the main road through the village so flat, so maybe, just maybe we might be getting a real surfaced road very soon.  Will keep you updated very soon.  Watch this space !!!!!!!!!![8)]

Offline amanda bullock

A road ???????
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 18:55:53 PM »
just in time for me arriving.Have you got a red carpet as well????????

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 20:38:34 PM »
We are out in a week so will take some photos if anyone wants. A real road...OMG!

Offline Kirby

• Birmingham, UK
A road ???????
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 21:10:43 PM »
Hey yes Doug please!   To see a piccie of the up and coming road would be great.  Thanks Maria for letting us know!!!  Cannot wait now to go over - 22 more sleeps!!!  I even say to Steve on the plane "are we nearly there yet!!!"  hahaha.  Oh and Maria - just to let you know - the 'Bridgets' are now out of the drawer and are ready to be packed!  lol xx  Ain't it great having inside info?

Offline Kirby

• Birmingham, UK
A road ???????
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 21:13:11 PM »
By the way Maria - that opening was a corker - made me laff! xx

Offline miaspyro

A road ???????
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 06:55:27 AM »
it's now day 2 and the rumbles crashes and water have reappeared, this could be it people we really could be getting THE ROAD, or they could be fooling us all and are going to build apartments.  The saga continues.[?][^][^]

Offline scot

• Ayr, Scotland, UK
A road ???????
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 13:18:07 PM »
Ah the road,where does it start? Where is going to end? As like Carole & Steve, Brenda and i have the same amount of sleeps, and as the Dolmus i hope it is not just one big dream ha ha .

Offline scot

• Ayr, Scotland, UK
A road ???????
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 13:27:16 PM »
Doug that would be greate if you could take some photos.   Bruce

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 12:30:35 PM »
No problem. Got a new camera this morning. Don't expect too much though. Odds currently are:
6/1 Started to build a block paved road
18/1 Road built as far as Green Valley
50/1 Road up to Forest Hill Houses
100/1 Dolmus going up the roads

Offline Kirby

• Birmingham, UK
A road ???????
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007, 23:51:03 PM »
Nice one !!!!!  If you are clever enough Doug to work out the odds on the levels and expectations of 'the' road, then I am almost certain you will be able to work the new camera!  Anyway you have young lads who are up on these sort of things - technology seems to come second nature to our kids these days - get the kids to work it out then get them to teach you! :-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf