Author Topic: break in -Deliktas  (Read 10358 times)

Offline telsoo

break in -Deliktas
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2007, 11:21:27 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Well I have to disagree  :)

I'm with Sleuth - every customer wants great views and looking out a barred window to me is just like prison. There are burglaries in the UK, how many UK based members have bars on their homes?

Most alarms work for hours and hours on a rechargable battery backup, by the way.

I have to accept your point about battery back up .
All I meant is that the windows you actually look out of dont have fixed bars during your time awake so unless you are up at night looking out,you dont notice them!
Are you saying them that you wouldnt have shutters in France because your view may be obstructed in hot weather?
I am just saying that its very much a Mediterranean thing and of course you wouldnt expect a similar culture in the UK. We have been to numerous villas which had shutters and bars in other places but the way they open its no way "prison like" and I dont think people should be put off this extra security just by a few isolated comments.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
break in -Deliktas
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2007, 13:02:35 PM »
In Leeds they have iron 'gates' over their front doors in places and shutters on the windows!

We have a wireless, romote controlled alam from B&Q and the bell is powered by a rechargeable battery which I am told will sound the siren for quite a few hours. It re-sets every 20 mins anyway and so saves power.

If you want to go really high-tech I think you can now get alarms that can be cotrolled by your mobile phone from anywhere in the world you can get a signal!

« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 13:03:12 PM by stoop »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf