Author Topic: Burglary  (Read 12124 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Burglary
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 23:57:44 PM »
The problem is that it is very quiet up there in the Winter months so when they spot a light on at any time they know that someone is in residence and they are an easy target when they go out. I really feel for them.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 23:58:51 PM by mercury »

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Burglary
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 00:07:12 AM »
For them to act so quickly it would make you think they lived close by

Offline von54

Burglary
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2009, 01:04:54 AM »
Hi again,many thanks for all your replies,yes it seems as it was someone very close,and been watching,as its the first time since they got burgaled as they have been out at night,but they were only gone for an HOUR maybe not even that amount of time,and to find their bedroom window had been completely smashed and the BED had been searched and mattress moved, was, and is very shocking,they had taken everything the first time,so it seems as if they were looking for more, maybe,god only knows. At this moment in time Mrs Munchy is asleep in my spare room,Mr munchy is downstairshe is too upset to sleep,and he is keeping watch through the window,as he can't do much else,now he has to go back and go through the process of doing another police report and various other things all over again.The police say there were no fingerprints or footsteps,PLEASE COME ON GET REAL,its been tipping down all day and the balcony must have some prints on there,as i know when even a cat has been on my balcony when its been raining ,because when  i've heard them i've gone outside and you can see the paw prints where they have walked.If anyone knows about this i ask you, please try and help them,they are a lovely couple and so nice and friendly,they are the first to help anyone if needed .By the way their real names are Peter and Chris Malchom, he is a retired fire officer,and well known in his line of work,and saved many lives during his service.Many people remember Christines  brother who died here 2 years ago from a heart attack,he was named JEFF JACKSON,so they have had a trying time all round as they like to come out this time of year to pay their respects to him at his grave in Ovackic in october.These are sad times we live in i know,once is bad enough,but come on,twice in a fortnight is downright dispicable,they both can't wait to get home now as this has made then feel unsafe and insicure and very vunerable to say the least.

Offline joannasal

Burglary
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2009, 02:52:53 AM »
That is just so terible and sad. I hope something will get done and eventually your friends will feel safe again.

Offline munchie pete

Burglary
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2009, 17:14:30 PM »
munchie petes wife here burgled 31st oct put new locks on every window and door burgled again 12th nov couldnt break in door this time because new locks so smashed glass and climbed through getting police report nightmare insurance man ali from allianz insurance still chasing word of worning to anyone whos got insurance with this man beware totally usless we are in villa in deliktas

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Burglary
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2009, 17:44:09 PM »
Really hoping you get a change of luck Pete. Please keep us informed on how your claims work out with Allianz, many people on here are looking for a good insurance service (and to avoid useless ones).

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Burglary
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2009, 20:36:16 PM »
Too much of a coincidence to be done twice when you think of all the properties in Deliktas - mine included. You must feel terrible, are timers available like you can get in the uk that switch lights on and off whilst you are out? - looks like this may be something to consider.

Wishing you all the luck in the world in getting this sorted and hopefully catching those who pray on those who work hard for what they have rather than work hard themselves.

Offline kevin b

Burglary
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 22:40:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgeous_bird

are timers available like you can get in the uk that switch lights on and off whilst you are out? - looks like this may be something to consider.

I had thought about that but someone posted said they seem to target properties that seem lived in like leaving lights on, so is having lights on timers a good idea.
We have lights around the house in UK on timers coming on at all times to make it look like someone is in, more so when we are out at night.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Burglary
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2009, 06:51:44 AM »
It's a risky stratergy to break into a house where it looks like people are in, especially when you are breaking the glass. Who knows maybe the robbing watsits saw them go out and acted.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2009, 08:07:06 AM »
We are in Forest Hills next door and our night watchman used to regularly patrol with a rifle over his shoulder (something we were not too happy about). As well as patrolling our complex he also used to walk up to Symbola. His attendance at night has become a little sporadic and this may have created an additional security weakness.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf