Author Topic: Airport transfer recommendations please  (Read 2924 times)

Offline smilingeyes

Airport transfer recommendations please
« on: February 15, 2010, 16:32:29 PM »
Hi, I am enquiring on behalf of two friends who need to travel from Fethiye to Dalaman airport on 25th Feb.

I have contacted a couple of shuttle companies but they will only pick-up from hotels and my friends are staying in Esen (on the way to Kas) and traveling to Fethiye on the morning of 25th by dolmus.  Of course they could make the onward journey by Dolmus and then a taxi from Dalaman town to the airport, but I thought a shuttle bus would be more convenient.  

It is also out of season, so that probably doesn't help much, but any suggestions would be very welcome.

Many thanks

AnneMarie

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 17:34:54 PM »
You could try some of the well known Companies that run to and from the Airport, they all have people carriers.   If you do a search on the Forum you will find their names.  We have used Orange in the past and I have seen Stork getting a good write up.  You can also contact Nikkie who is SunnyD on this Forum.  She is able to get the CBF discount and as she speaks Turkish she might be able to fix something up for you.

Offline smilingeyes

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 16:00:50 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

I think they are going to go with Havas as they are flying to istanbul and apparently the airport bus ties in with domestic flights.

But if they are still not sorted I'll try your recommendations.

Thanks again

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 18:34:40 PM »
If my memory is correct the Havas bus does not leave fethiye till 0715 in the winter,that will get you to dalaman about 0800.If the flights are still 0815 dpt for Istanbul from the domestic terminal.Seems a touch risky. good luck

Offline PKHUGHES100

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 20:14:58 PM »
Try these: www.fethiyeairporttransfers.com

They appear to have a good reputation.

Kevin

Offline col

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 07:20:30 AM »
A company called United Blue also do shuttles during the winter & pick up from your address, providing it's not in the middle of no-where, and will certainly pick you up at a nearby landmark, main supermarket or shop etc. Their office is based in Marmaris but have local services from Fethiye, I used them 3 times last year and have a booking with them for this March, never had any problems, in fact on 2 trips, the shuttle ended up being a private car as I was the only passenger, at no extra cost.

quote:
Originally posted by smilingeyes

Hi, I am enquiring on behalf of two friends who need to travel from Fethiye to Dalaman airport on 25th Feb.

I have contacted a couple of shuttle companies but they will only pick-up from hotels and my friends are staying in Esen (on the way to Kas) and traveling to Fethiye on the morning of 25th by dolmus.  Of course they could make the onward journey by Dolmus and then a taxi from Dalaman town to the airport, but I thought a shuttle bus would be more convenient.  

It is also out of season, so that probably doesn't help much, but any suggestions would be very welcome.

Many thanks

AnneMarie

« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 07:21:29 AM by col »

Offline corbindallas

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 08:18:29 AM »
I would recommend Fethiye Airport Transfer, used them 6 times in the last year alone and they are very reliable, turn up on time usually early, always at the airport waiting, they have competative and I would say better prices for transfers than others, cheapest I have found for Uzumlu transfer. Good clean Mercedes fleet vehicles and they send you confirmation e mails, confirming bookings, agreed price and all information, name of driver etc beforehand.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 09:09:21 AM »
Hi there you wont far wrong using Memhet its a family run concern have used him for 7 years now, never let me down speaks very good English the nos is 05323176433 he is also one off the cheapest.:D ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf