Author Topic: Has anyone ever rented?  (Read 5377 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Has anyone ever rented?
« on: August 23, 2017, 16:40:11 PM »
Hello

Looking for advice on renting a property. I rent mine through a friend who doesn't rent out, hence me being in a flipping hotel for a month whilst the family visit. Decided this situation or area are not for me,so after a recent bit of a health scare I want to live near Esnaf. After all if I called an ambulance from here, (I don't know the number, it's On our fridge at villa) I would probably end up having a brew with Edith (late mother) before they got here n got me to medical attention.
so....
I'm renting here for 3/6months while I find a suitable alternative. I want to live Babatasi,tuzla maybe Akarca areas. I don't want to live on a complex, I'm ok up or down or a two storey building in a quiet area, furnished/unfurnished. 2+1/3+1 Turkish house,villa or similar..it can't be expensive!
So...
Everyone's an Emlak..what/who am I looking for or to avoid ?? What sort of rent in those areas? Do the rents go up every year, if so by how much..need to factor that in the cost. Contracts? Need this for my residency health insurance renewal..Mustafa( Inspector) does that tho. Do you pay a year up front.. I have seen some on sahibinden, quoting..100Tl, for summat,1000tl, for summat else and 1000Tl for good luck it seems..so 3000tl before you get a key..(What The Actual) 
So ..
Come save me from getting myself into a lot of trouble and please point me in the right direction.
Many thanks

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
Re: Has anyone ever rented?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 16:51:00 PM »
Maybe a start would be how much do you want to pay a month for a property? Are there any properties in the area you want with rental signs up?  I have never rented, only owned properties but would an estate agent like Ronnie or Cenk be able to help you? I don't know a lot about it but Tasyaka seems to be quite a convenient area of Fethiye and I would not think it would be too expensive.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 17:31:47 PM »
Sorry Fabian, I don't want to live in a built up area or on a complex or on in tasyaka. I am trying to avoid paying Emlak fees altogether. Ronnie and Cenk are both known to me and both helped when buying/ selling my property. But thank you for your advice

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 17:45:35 PM »
OK Bernie, I understand. I know very little about renting but wish you loads of luck!  :)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 19:13:36 PM »
I don't know if you are on Facebook but there is a rental forum on there for Fethiye/Calis etc. area...

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 22:13:22 PM »
Thank you good people x

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 14:04:14 PM »
Hi Bernie, I have moved 5 times in 4 years, so .... in my experience.....
You tend to pay your first months rent x 3, thats your months rent, the emlak fee and a 1 month deposit.
They don't like giving you your deposit back, for whatever reason they can conjure up, my last place I decided not to give him my last months rent and there was hell to pay, threatened with legal action and all sorts. I no it is illegal to do it that way, but how the hell do you get your deposit back?
You are like me and don't like noise so if you find somewhere do your homework very carefully, I currently live a 15 minute walk from the nearest bar but 3 or 4 nights a week during the season they have entertainment on and I can hear it clear as day, no point in going to bed till its finished, the music seems to travel.
Also, make sure there are no dogs that bark all night, dogs can be quiet all day and then insist on barking throughout the night !
Your rent will go up 10% every year, ridiculous, in 5 years you end up paying 50% more than when you started, but it seems to be the norm.
Your rental contract ties you, but apparently not the landlord. There is a law apparently that if the landlord wants your property for a family member he can give you notice to quit no matter how long your contract has left.
Please don't take my remarks as 100% true, thats why I use the word apparently, its all in my own personal experience.
Hope this helps :-) :-)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 14:21:43 PM »
Get EVERYTHING in writing in Turkish with an English translation.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 14:53:18 PM »
Thanks Susie KKOB. That's what worries me, getting all settled getting it nice and having the landlord come along and say the the family want it.Think this is going to be a bit of a mine field so I will run anything past inspector before I part with my hard earned.
I know you have moved alot Susiepink, and hopefully you are settled where you are now. The other thing that bothers me is the sharing of electric meters. Does that happen alot? Hoping for a friend of a friend to say they have a place suitable.
Thanks everyone

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 15:49:59 PM »
Ah, don't get me started on electric meters !!!!! Where I live I have my own meter but I don't get a bill, mine is combined with the lady downstairs, so we are supposed to work it out from my reading how much I owe, I have lived here 2 years and there is a problem most months. When I signed my 2nd rental agreement they inserted a clause saying I will pay 2 thirds of the electric as there are 3 apartments here and I rent 2 of them. I went ballistic at the time and they insisted it was explained to me when I signed, it wasn't, I was asked if I am happy to pay my share of the electric and of course I agreed. I am happy to pay what I have used, but not what I haven't used, and particularly during the winter when the bills are coming in at 700tl, and my usage is about 150tl tops. Bloody nightmare !!! Other than that I like it here, but I also received notice to quit last year when uncle wanted my apartment, but then he changed his mind and they allowed me to stay. So, I know m days are numbered, and I am always on the lookout for something better, but my tick list is a long one, :-) :-) :-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf