Author Topic: Easyjet  (Read 8453 times)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Easyjet
« on: May 26, 2020, 23:10:16 PM »
We were due to fly tomorrow to Dalaman, so chose to reschedule the flights. We'd previously paid £365 for 2 people from Edinburgh to Dalaman for 2 weeks and have just had confirmation that they have given us our chosen new option of 26th Sept (bank holiday in Scotland) for 2 weeks from Glasgow (much closer for us) to Dalaman. New cost would have been £703, and no extra cost to us. Let's hope we can fly by then.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Easyjet
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 23:25:00 PM »
Of course I hope it works out for you toky but God forbid that it doesn't work out what are your options then.

PS We are booked for September.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 06:59:56 AM »
We did the same and rebooked for late July. No extra charge.  However, since Turkey announced no flights in from UK until end of July we looked to re-book again the other day.  This time there were charges so just going to wait for them to cancel the flights.

Offline RichardF

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 11:59:50 AM »
Hi, does anyone have a link about the announcement of no flights into Turkey from UK until end of July? We're due to fly out on the 27th July so is of a big concern if this is the case. Thanks

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 12:10:05 PM »
We are booked for 27th June and can’t change flights...because ours haven’t been cancelled yet!!

Offline IanK

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 12:22:18 PM »
Imagine if Ryamair had sold flights to Turkey - they would probably fly you to Athens and lay on a rowing boat for the last leg  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 13:25:41 PM »
Yes or refer to Rhodes Airport as “Rhodes Airport (for Dalaman)”

Offline blueclad

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2020, 15:12:22 PM »
Since   B A  cancelled our Gatwick  june flights and refunded in full within 5 days of our request we may be going  on 27 th September with a package deal [ our first for many years ] with TUI  from Bournemouth airport at a very good offer of £ 999.. total for the 2 of us seats together plus 1 hold bag each  for 2 weeks b b at the oykun. its the cheapest I can find

just holding back from booking as waiting to see if flights can go from uk to dalaman  and turkey will let us over 75 yrs old into the country with no restrictions , very happy with our travel insurance conditions and the medical extra cost due to my hospital treatments I have had and my 8 pills a day no problems except NO covid 19 cover..
just hope TUI don't increase the cost

may see you there Rosemary   ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2020, 16:53:11 PM »
God forbid that it doesn't work out what are your options then.

Sit in the corner with a pint of gin and her dress over her head, grizzling ?  ;)

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2020, 17:22:11 PM »
We were due to fly tomorrow to Dalaman, so chose to reschedule the flights. We'd previously paid £365 for 2 people from Edinburgh to Dalaman for 2 weeks and have just had confirmation that they have given us our chosen new option of 26th Sept (bank holiday in Scotland) for 2 weeks from Glasgow (much closer for us) to Dalaman. New cost would have been £703, and no extra cost to us. Let's hope we can fly by then.
That's great because there was a suspicion that they were going to charge the difference to Turkey flights - seems like their message may have been misinterpreted - I blooming hope so as we want to move our June flights to September too - just waiting for them to cancel.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf