Author Topic: Leak to be Fixed  (Read 2335 times)

Offline LoubyLou

Leak to be Fixed
« on: April 03, 2013, 20:55:29 PM »
Hi all

We are coming out on Sunday and have a leak to fix. The leak is coming from a water pipe which is buried somewhere in the wall or under the patio.

Our plan it to follow the water pipe back from the inlet where the water meter is and follow it along, which will involve paving coming up and walls also probably being cut.

Unfortunatley we dont have the right equipment in Uzumlu and it would be too heavy to bring it with us.

Last year we did have someone called Fikri come along to help us for the day  - we would like to try to contact him but we only have his contact details in Turkey!

Does anyone have any contact numbers for Fikri or anyone else local to the village they know of who can help us?

Or any other bright ideas appreciated!

Thanks

Louise

Offline Woodies

Re: Leak to be Fixed
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 11:18:31 AM »
Don't know if this is of any help Loubylou, but I believe the belediye jcb and driver/operator, can be hired for approx 150tl per hour to help with this leak. May seem a bit drastic, but could save a lot of time in the long run.

Offline hamilton

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 11:41:52 AM »
Is it possible to re-route the pipe rather than dig up the patio? If the patio is in good condition it might be prudent to run a new pipe from the meter to a convenient connection and blank off the leaking pipe. Just a thought.

Offline LoubyLou

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 16:39:57 PM »
Thanks to both for the helpful comments - I didnt know there was a jcb for hire at the belediye, so thats useful to know anyway. Good idea about rerouting the pipe as the patio was laid well. I have a feeling there are 2 pipes though and we dont know what one runs where and what one has the leak...........

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf