Author Topic: Residency Permit Application Assistance  (Read 50302 times)

Offline sonic008

Residency Permit Application Assistance
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 00:13:19 AM »
i have been told it is £25.00 for a work permit, so long as you do it through the turkish embassy here in the U.K...turkey end is far dearer , goodness knows why, i guess it's the
turks grabbing cash ....yet again!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 00:25:39 AM »
£25?! Pay £25 and get a work permit :D

I think you would probably believe anything.

You're racist remark isn't appreciated either, especially as you base it on a load of utter rubbish.

Offline Firo

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 15:57:41 PM »
Sonic008 ask yourself the question? If it's only £25 why are so many Uk residents unable to get a work permit here in Turkey?
I think someone has mislead you somewhat  :o
Fi

Offline kevin b

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 16:21:16 PM »
£25 for a work permit can I have 1 please ;):D

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 17:31:34 PM »
I wouldn't......It will probably be a genuine Fake:D

Offline leedsutd

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 18:01:14 PM »
150 ytl not bad for 1/2 hours work thats all it takes?

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 18:41:22 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by leedsutd

150 ytl not bad for 1/2 hours work thats all it takes?

We waited more than half an hour in every office and at the police stations!!!!
 Rosie completed all the forms beforehand and we were still out most of the day. If you can do it in half hour post your contact details, I am sure you will have plenty of takers
Mark

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 20:46:02 PM »
We did all the forms etc and went to all the different locations around the area to apply for our residency for ourselves starting with the local Mukhtar.We had to obtain signatures all over the place and it took us a day to complete. Thankfully we were applying in May when the weather was reasonably comfortable, it would have been a very unpleasant experience in the hot summer months.Our visit to the Mukhtar took about an hour and then there were visits to police stations and government offices and the post office.If we had not had a car it would have taken a lot longer.

If you do apply for yourselves you need 10 passport size photographs,3copies of your passport photo page and 2 copies of the page where your last tourist visa is located. 2 for the passport police and 2 for the Muhtar .You must have enough time on your passportfor the years you are applying for. You also need a copy of a bank statement or pension statement  to prove that you have enough money to live in Turkey. A copy of your Tapu or rental contract.Your passport and plenty of cash!You will have to have an application form from the police station on the harbour and they send it off for you. Be sure to get the application number from  them and take a photocopy of your passport in case you need it (maybe if the traffic police stop you when driving).

You have to call at the Maliye office in Calis to pay the residency visa fee.You will be given a receipt stamped and signed.The local Muhtar to register that you live in your property, the passport police on the harbour for the application form,fill it in at their office,the Kaymakamlik office next to Carrefour to have the application stamped and signed.  The post office for the visa book application as well as the police station opposite the PTT to have your application again stamped and signed.They stamp it and then send you to room 16 for a signature, then back to the harbour police. It is quite a process and involves loads of running about and waiting. If you are in Calis or Gunlukhasi you also need the local police to sign a form. We applied in 2007, I have not heard of any changes to applying and we did not go to Mugla but waited for the residency to be sent to the police on the harbour.
You have to contact the police after about five weeks to see if the residency has been returned,they will not contact you!:D

At the PTT we made the payment on one of the white payment slips lying around.We made it out to MUGLA EMNIYET MUDURLUGU YABANCILAR SUBE MUDURLUGU ADINA at the top of the form.On the bottom clearly print your name and address. The visa book used to cost 70lira plus a small fee but it is probably more now.(Have been told it is now138 lira plus book.)

« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 16:44:52 PM by Daffodil »

Offline pasha

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 22:15:53 PM »
I have done the 'residency thing' a number of times now and have always gone to Mugla to collect in person.

I have never let my passport out of my sight (as the British Government advise) especially for the six weeks or so that it takes to process residency applications.

What happens if there is an emergency and you have to get back to the UK in a hurry? It's not going to happen is it?

What happens if they lose it? This happened to one person that I know and he had to go through all the process of getting a new one at his own expense as no officials in Fethiye or Mugla would accept responsibility.

Offline simpsons

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2010, 12:56:17 PM »
My Residency was the cheapest, I did it myself. Dont listen to people when s they say you must have a turkish person do it as it is so hard, dont believe them. Once the paperwork has been done, it takes about 3 - 4 hours to complete.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf