Author Topic: Starting a new visa  (Read 3283 times)

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
Starting a new visa
« on: May 29, 2015, 09:53:07 AM »
Just a quick question regarding renewing a visa. My visa runs out on the 4th October 2015. I will not have overstayed my 90 days on this visa and I will be leaving on 22nd Sept on my final visit. I want to come back to Turkey on the 13th October 2015. Will I be able to get a new visa that will start on this date?

Offline Hamlet

Re: Starting a new visa
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 11:02:38 AM »
Quick answer -Yes  8)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 11:35:31 AM »
But you will still have to obey 90/180 rule even if it is over two visas.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 11:58:25 AM »
Thanks for replys. Was pretty sure I was ok,but just wanted to make sure.  ;)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 07:50:51 AM »
Glad to read that.  Mine runs out 8th octover and I am coming back 15th October for 4 days.   I've had three visits this year since April, amounting to 65 days. But do I renew now or after 8th October or does it not matter? And did I read that it's a 60  day rule on expiry of passport now ??

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 17:23:14 PM »
If anyone has a visa that they will be overlapping with make sure you get the new one validated on entry even if old one has nit expired...
This 180 day period thingy it is not a set 180 day period eg from date of visa to expiry of visa is it?
Its always 180 days from the day you depart isnt it?
My current visa i will have 22 days left out of my 90 but by having a gap of say 5 weeks in the Uk it looks like by counting back on some hypothetical dates i will have 44 days agsin, i really hope im working it out correctly!
Do most people take it as if you have had your 90 days in one hit thst is when you wouldchave to vacate Turkey for a 90 day period? Any clarification that i have got this right would be greatly received dont really want to risk getting deported or a ban on reentering...

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 18:24:29 PM »
Do most people take it as if you have had your 90 days in one hit thst is when you wouldchave to vacate Turkey for a 90 day period?

Yes and no.     :)

You would have to stay out of Turkey for long enough that your cumulative time does not exceed 90 out of 180 days.  It's done on a rolling basis, so for every day out of Turkey you'll gain a day for your next visa, so to speak.

JF

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2015, 12:52:32 PM »
Thank you JohnF I think that was kind of what i was trying to say but you worded it far better then I! Im going to take my chances and book a flight i wont have exceeded 90 days in a 180 day period so all should be well   :)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 12:56:21 PM »
just be careful of the end date, i.e. when you plan to depart Turkey.  Count it back to make sure you haven't added too many "days in Turkey".

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf