Author Topic: Announcement from Directorate of Migration Management about undelivered cards  (Read 3504 times)

Offline Inspector

Residence permit documents (residence cards) of the foreigners, whose first application and application for renewal are made visa e-Residence system and assessment processes are resulted positively, are issued by Directorate General of Migration Management and sent to the address submitted during application (address to stay in Turkey) via PTT Cargo.

In case that foreigner, whose residence permit document is issued and sent to the address, is not found at the address for any reason, residence permit document will not be delivered to a third person. The residence permit document stays in PTT Cargo’s nearest branch for 10 (ten) days. If documents are not received within this period, they will be returned to the Provincial Directorate of Migration Management where the application is made.

Foreigners, whose residence permits are issued, are notified of the mail tracking number (barcode) with an SMS via mobile phone number submitted during application in order to follow the delivery process of their residence permit documents when the mail is delivered to the cargo.

For this reason it is highly important to write the address and mobile phone number correctly during the residence permit application visa e-Residence system!

Residence permit documents cannot be delivered by hand or with different procedures, they are only sent via PTT cargo to the foreigner’s address.

http://www.goc.gov.tr/icerik6/Residence%20Permit%20Documents%20Are%20Sent%20Via%20Mail%20(Ptt%20Cargo)_914_1017_7818_icerik

And another announcement in Turkish about undelivered residence cards is informing us that your residence will be canceled if you don't get it from residence office in 6 months time.

Adres bilgisi yetersizliği ya da adreste bulunamama gibi sebeplerden dolayı alıcısına teslim edilemeyen çok sayıda ikamet izni belgesi il göç idaresi müdürlüklerine iade edilmektedir. Hali hazırda istanbul il Göç idaresi Müdürlüğünde yaklaşık yedi bin (7000) adet ikamet izni belgesi sahibine teslim edilmeyi beklemektedir.
Yabancıların ülkemizde düzensiz (yasadışı) duruma düşmemeleri için ikamet izni belgelerini yanlarında taşımaları zorunludur.
Bu nedenle, ikamet izni belgesi kendisine teslim edilemeyen yabancıların en kısa zamanda il göç idaresi müdürlüklerine başvurarak ikamet izni belgelerini teslim almaları gerekmektedir. 
ikamet izni belgesini altı (6) ay içerisinde teslim almayan yabancıların ikamet izinleri 6458 sayılı Yabancılar ve Uluslararası Koruma Kanunu kapsamında iptal edilecektir. 07.09.2015

Regards
Inspector

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Inspector, do you think the Directorate of Migration Management know that the PTT in this area make absolutely no attempt to deliver resident permits?

One reason for resident permits being delivered to the address is to cut down on fraudulent applications as you are supposed to have it delivered and signed for in person at your given residence.

However if they do what they do here and just let them pile up at the PTT for collection it rather defeats the purpose, and surely is actually illegal.

So now, after not even attempting to deliver them they could be returned and the recipient penalized if they aren't collected in time...

This came to my mind because I am expecting as you know, my Drivers Licence, and I know Mr Fraser hasn't received his within the given 15 days and he did also go to the PTT on the off chance that it was sitting there waiting to be collected. It wasn't but if the PTT don't do their job and deliver resident permits to the door than I wonder if we can also expect the same with the drivers license too....

Anyway, what I was really thinking about was applying for Turkish citizenship (through marriage) and if you had the up to date information on this as I hear it changed again recently.

Thank you in advance for your time   :)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
If you have to visit the PTT delivery office, don't take the PTT staff word that the item is not there.  For some obscure reason they also alphabetically file letters/parcels using your middle name/initial!

So if they do not have your item filed correctly under your first or surname, ask them - nicely - if they could just check if it is filed in the middle name/initial locker.  Believe me it is deffo worth a try.

Offline davybill

Yes mine was never delivered to my address and tried Ptt on numerous Occasions  till eventuly getting it,

Offline Inspector

Inspector, do you think the Directorate of Migration Management know that the PTT in this area make absolutely no attempt to deliver resident permits?

One reason for resident permits being delivered to the address is to cut down on fraudulent applications as you are supposed to have it delivered and signed for in person at your given residence.

However if they do what they do here and just let them pile up at the PTT for collection it rather defeats the purpose, and surely is actually illegal.

So now, after not even attempting to deliver them they could be returned and the recipient penalized if they aren't collected in time...

This came to my mind because I am expecting as you know, my Drivers Licence, and I know Mr Fraser hasn't received his within the given 15 days and he did also go to the PTT on the off chance that it was sitting there waiting to be collected. It wasn't but if the PTT don't do their job and deliver resident permits to the door than I wonder if we can also expect the same with the drivers license too....

Anyway, what I was really thinking about was applying for Turkish citizenship (through marriage) and if you had the up to date information on this as I hear it changed again recently.

Thank you in advance for your time    :)

Yes Nichola, Directorate of Migration Management knows that the PTT delivery system doesnt run properly in Mugla area.
I have informed them  2 months ago.:-) They say ''this problem is out of us'' They want us to send complaint to PTT
info@ptt.gov.tr is the contact adress for ptt.
If you have done online application and written the mobile contact details correctly, will be informed via sms for residence card and driving licence.
Jim informed me that he received a sms message about driving licence.
On sms message tracking number will be given to you.
Applicants must go directly to ptt office If they didn't recive the card 4-5 days after sms message. (PTT office at OTOGAR)

Yenge,For  foreigners married Turkish there is no change on regulations on citizenship.

Regards
Inspector.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Thanks for the information you PM'd me Inspector   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf