Author Topic: Expensive ??  (Read 13305 times)

Offline sunnystar

Expensive ??
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2009, 19:00:10 PM »
We have just booked again to go to Olu next year 2010 because we really enjoyed our stay here this year. We went to the free beach and found it great.We knew others were charging to go on their beach areas and to be honest they were no better than the free one we used.There is a choice as far as I can see.Go to the free ones or pay to go to the other ones.Why complain after you have payed when you had the choice to pay or not to pay.Next year we will still use the free one and still go to Hisonaru which is free and also Calis which is also free.

Offline sugarybaba

Expensive ??
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2009, 05:47:43 AM »
Sugar Beach is fab and everything said is true - the beers are expensive but we have paid the price no problem just to enjoy the music,service,bean bags,seating area,decor and most of all AMBIENCE of the place
I loved it therefore I will return  8) Thats the general idea ! Glad I don't live in Marmaris :D

Offline starman™

Expensive ??
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2009, 13:22:57 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Crabbit

All I can say is, if you pay those prices then you have more money than sense.

We paid 40 lira for a day at the pool at the princess hotel but got fed up and went for a yearly pass somewhere else.
7 lira is a bargain like everything else down there.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
Expensive ??
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2009, 18:30:18 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by starmanTM

quote:
Originally posted by Crabbit

All I can say is, if you pay those prices then you have more money than sense.

We paid 40 lira for a day at the pool at the princess hotel but got fed up and went for a yearly pass somewhere else.
7 lira is a bargain like everything else down there.

As I was saying......................:D

Offline Honey Bee

Expensive ??
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2009, 22:39:25 PM »
makes good reading !!!!!!!: :)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Expensive ??
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2009, 16:46:19 PM »
The lagoon is a conservation area and that is why there is an entrance fee - to pay for the work to preserve it. This is the same for any of the historical or conservation areas in Turkey.

The public beach was contracted out by the previous Mayor (about 6 years ago) his parting shot, resulting in a huge loss of income to the local council. This may be why the cost of renting a bed and brolly in the lagoon is high.

No one has the right to collect money from anyone on either beach that is not using a sun bed or brolly and you are within your right to say no to demands for money if you decide to sit on the sand with your towel.

Offline ella

Expensive ??
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2009, 16:21:34 PM »
I was on Oludeniz beach with my kids one day in October, and only planned on going for a quick swim. We never use beds (just imagine what goes on on them after hours) but did set up an umbrella. I had no small change on me on this particular day, so i just told the guy (in Turkish) that unfortunately I had no money on me. Then he just walked off! So I came out the winner having only paid for around 99 out of 100 days worth of umbrella usage throughout the season!! hang on a minute :(

Offline ytokgoz

• www.propertyandturkey.com
Expensive ??
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2009, 00:25:23 AM »
you pay what you get for....it is 5 ot 6 lira for sunbed not 9....and about 2.20 pounds is not expensive for all day sunbed... if no body can afford that amount what is the point of goin on holidasy. there is not a thing is free in this world...

Offline Lucinda

Expensive ??
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2009, 04:22:05 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by ytokgoz
 if no body can afford that amount what is the point of goin on holidasy. there is not a thing is free in this world...

Exactly the kind of attitude that is forcing up prices and making people consider other areas. Everybody is not rich just because they come on holiday. People have to save hard all year for a 1 or 2 week holiday and have to budget their spending. A family of 4 or 5 enjoying the beach can spend a lot of money just on beds and brollies. Oludeniz is more expensive for lots of things than other areas of Turkey. Food, drinks.......even the dolmus must be the most expensive in Turkey.

It seems that the solution to a poor season is not to make the place more attractive by making it better value but by putting prices up to those that do go.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Expensive ??
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2009, 07:36:04 AM »
Well said Lucinda.I only go to the beach for paragliding or fishing in friends boats.Way too expensive now.Better value elsewhere.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf