Author Topic: Visiting Ovacik in October  (Read 3657 times)

Offline davidzz

Visiting Ovacik in October
« on: October 10, 2006, 12:01:56 PM »
Hi just wondering if anyone on here is going to Ovacik this month.Has anyone been recently and is there anything different? Havent been since June and We can not wait.My sister and family will be joining us for there first time to Turkey and they are really looking forward to it.Are the air games worth a visit and is there anything for children to take part in?

David

Offline Andrew H

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 22:23:29 PM »
just got back from our villa in Ovacik weather pretty poor, aqua park closed for winter, and the new football pitches and tennis courts are coming along,fairly quiet but its still a great place.What about a camel ride for the kids there were some at Kaykour

Offline sooty

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 08:46:08 AM »
The air games are definitely worth a

Offline sooty

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 08:48:02 AM »
The air games are definitely worth a visit, the weather this week is a bit showery but is still warm, next week I think it is going to pick up so fingers crossed for the school holidays the sun should shine.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 13:49:30 PM »
what are the air games???? The temperatures are looking quite good for the week ahead, but warned to take blankets or duvet with us for night times, and jeans to wear. We are out 20th for 9 days.

Offline davidzz

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 20:29:01 PM »
Hi Sue,We too are going on the 20th,We already have duvets and clothing ready as we were there same week last year ,Jill has packed the suitcases based on the cool nights.The air games I referred to is the 7th annual oludeniz air games which is on the week we are there.I think it is mainly for participants in paragliding etc.but I was wondering if there was any events/activities planned to coincide with this.

David

p.s. I am on the lookout for any empty oil barrel so i can get an outside fire going for the cold evenings,if you hear fire engines one night,you know i have lost control.[:o)]

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 10:18:21 AM »
Hello !  We are also out next week and fascinated by the sound of 'air games' - if any one has any more information please let us know !  (particularly as my 13 year old daughter caught the parasailing bug in July !).   Thank you    Pookie.

Offline wallace

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 11:00:54 AM »
I thought they changed the date for the air games this year
and that it was held in June:(

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 11:57:11 AM »
Here's a link to Land Of Lights which gives the programme for the Air Games taking place between 25th and 29th October 2006

http://www.landoflights.net/haberdetay.asp?id=81

Also a link to another site advertising the games

http://www.videosofturkey.com/video_details.asp?id=178

On the Saturday or Sunday there's usually a performance by the "Turkish Stars" which are the equivalent of the Red Arrows. They've put on some pretty spectacular shows over Olu Deniz, Ovacik, Hisaronu and Kaya Koyu in past years.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 12:21:56 PM by KKOB »

Offline Lamberts

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 15:37:55 PM »
HI

Have just purchased property at The Oaklands location in Ovacik ,anyone else on the forum with property  there would be intrested with any comments

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf